Dining in a new restaurant always gets us excited and yesterday was one such exciting day as we were visiting a brand new venue for lunch. Zefki Levantine Eatery is now open in mezzanine floor of Number One Tower Suites on Sheikh Zayed Road.
As the name suggests, Zefki offers authentic culinary delights from the Levant region with a contemporary flair. You can expect classic dishes as well as dishes with creative twist.
Zefki’s menu offers breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as business lunch daily. Their menu features a wide range of options for everyone. For our lunch, we ordered from their a la carte menu.
The Mediterranean-inspired interiors of Zefki is gorgeous. Everything from the furniture, tableware to lighting and layout of the venue is tastefully done. We liked the relaxed vibe of the restaurant.
We began with their richly flavored and refreshing mocktail- Turkish Sherbet. Next we were served freshly baked Assorted Breads and delectable Moutabal in beetroot and pumpkin flavors.
Some of the cold and hot appetizers we had were:
- Hummus in set of 3 flavors- classic, beetroot and avocado. All the 3 flavors were creamy and incredibly tasty.
- The presentation of the Baba Ghanouj was great as it was served inside halved aubergine. Wish it tasted as good as it looked. We found it a tad bitter.
- The Spinach Fatayer was utterly delicious.
- Cigara Borge is an absolute must-try. It had cigar shaped pastry dough stuffed with cheese, chopped parsley and sesame.
- Another standout dish was Zefki Falafel. We loved the creative twist to falafel as it was stuffed with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, served with tomato and tahina sauce.
Main course was Iskender Kebab and Shrimp Majbous. While the Iskender Kebab was juicy and succulent, the shrimp majbous could have been a bit more flavorful.
Now for the favorite part of our meal which is the dessert. We had Umm Ali and Rice Pudding in 3 flavors-classic, mixed berries and pistachio. Both the desserts were extremely delicious and packed a delightful punch.
We ended our lunch with Moroccan Tea and Cappuccino.
Our lunch experience at Zefki was good. We liked the food, the drinks, the atmosphere and the service.
Phone: 04 330 2288