We the residents of Dubai are lucky, we don’t have to visit any fancy 5 star hotel to enjoy the best gourmet food, the restaurants and cafes in The Dubai Mall offer world-class dining. The eclectic options for dining venues in the mall is impressive. No wonder, The Dubai Mall is so popular with all the foodies in UAE.
Last week we visited the newly opened Ana Restaurant, a Middle Eastern restaurant specializing in Emirati cuisine. You can expect traditional Emirati food with a contemporary and creative flair.
The modern interiors with a touch of traditional Emirati elements looks classy, chic and oh-so-charming. It is a spacious venue with an outdoor terrace. The outdoor dining area has a spectacular view of the Dubai fountain and Downtown Dubai.
Their iPad menu is visually appealing and easy to order. Compared to meat and seafood, vegetarian options are limited. Being vegetarians, we tried only the veg dishes.
We started off with two of their refreshing drinks- Strawberry Mojito and Yes Please, a milkshake with Oreo, coffee-ice, milk and cream. They’ve an amazing array of cold and hot beverages.
Some of the dishes we ordered at Ana Restaurant were:
- Chickpeas Soup with quinoa, tomato, onion, garlic, chili, cumin seeds and coriander was nourishing and healthy.
- We absolutely loved the Hummus Harr or jalapeño hummus topped with chickpeas and pretzels. It was spicy and had exquisite flavors.
- The Indian-inspired Dill Kashmiri was crispy with delicious and flavorful filling inside crunchy dill bread.
- The Flat Labneh or lightly toasted rustic bread topped with Turkish labneh, pomegranate seeds, sumac and pine nuts was simply yet delicious.
- Their Falafel Bites or falafel sandwich is the best in town. A great veggie option.
- We were also served freshly baked Pita Bread that went very well with our meal.
Ana Restaurant offers unique desserts that are artfully handcrafted. We tried two of their signature desserts.
- 1, 2, 3…Find Me! is their version of brownie and vanilla ice cream. It was insanely delicious and worth the calories.
- Frisbee is their in-house baked chocolate cookie topped with Araqy mars bar, toffee sauce, mascarpone ice cream and side coffee sauce. It tasted divine and a must-try in Ana.
Ended our lunch with freshly brewed coffee. We had an enriching experience, everything from the food, drinks to ambience, service and hospitality was flawless.
Phone: 04 388 2313