Driving all the way to Sharjah from Dubai on a Friday noon is something I would never do. But this Friday I made an exception for Shababeek, a Lebanese and Mediterranean restaurant. Everyone on social media is raving about this restaurant and I decided to check it out myself and I must say it is worth the hype.
Located in the cultural and entertainment landmark- Al Qasba in Sharjah, Shababeek is a beautiful and spacious venue. It offers indoor and outdoor dining space. As it is summer, we decided to dine indoors.
The interiors of Shababeek is modern with a touch of traditional element. The nature inspired green decor is soothing to the eyes. This classy and chic venue is a perfect place to share a meal with family and friends.
The name of the restaurant which means window in Arabic, was chosen to reflect their vision of opening a new window to Lebanese cuisine. Their menu fuses flavors from Lebanon and the Mediterranean with an exclusive modern touch.
Being a vegetarian, I am happy with the great options that their menu offers. Below is the list of dishes and beverages that we ordered for our lunch at Shababeek:
We started off with drinks first and ordered two of their refreshing and cool mocktails- Lemon Mint Mojito and Rose Raspberry Spritzer.
- Green Lentil Salad, Pomegranate & Balsamic Vinaigrette was fresh, wholesome and flavorful. We loved the addition of black olives and dill which gave it a unique twist.
- Trio Hummus is a platter with 3 kinds of hummus; Traditional Hummus, Two-Textured Spicy Hummus and Basil Pesto Hummus. It was one amazing platter with 3 different hummus, a definite must-try. Their Basil Pesto Hummus is just fab.
- The Potato Harra with chili emulsion was crisp with tangy and spicy flavor.
- Stuffed Eggplant was warm, and it was served with yogurt in rose petal flower. Talking about exotic dishes, their stuffed eggplant will make it to the top of the list.
- The Baked Rkakat Cheese had a mix of three kinds of cheese with dry figs and walnuts. All the cheese lovers will love this starter.
- Traditional Fattet Hummos and Eggplant was a comforting dish and it had all my favorite ingredients like chickpeas, fried pita, yogurt sauce, fried eggplant and pine nuts.
- From their oven, we tried the Baked Halloumi and Cherry Tomatoes. It was rich, chewy and delicious.
- Their freshly baked Bread went well with all the dishes.
- Dessert was a decadent affair. We ordered Chocolate & Date Cake that was served with vanilla ice cream.
- We ended our lunch with a cup of their speciality Coffee.
What an amazing lunch it was! We loved the food, the drinks, the atmosphere, the service and the hospitality at Shababeek. This restaurant comes totally recommended.
Phone: 06 554 0444