The kids summer holidays has started and what better way to celebrate the school closing than treating them at The Choco Monarch. A little chocolate overdose once in a while is always a good idea.
The Choco Monarch is a best place for chocolate lovers to experience Belgian chocolate delights with a unique twist and amazing presentation. It is located in the 2nd Floor of Al Ghurair Centre.
The venue is small and cosy with a comfortable seating area. They’re open at 10 in the morning till late in the night. The day we visited them which was a Thursday evening, it was packed.
Their menu offers a mouth-watering array of chocolatey goodness. You can expect crepes, waffles, pancakes, French toast and more along with hot and cold beverages.
Below is the list of sweet treats we tried:
- We started with Crêpe Brownie, it had freshly prepared French crêpe filled with brownies and layered with melted chocolate. It was fantastic but contained way too much chocolate.
- Next we tried their utterly delicious Chocolate Pancake. It was a stack of mini pancakes layered with melted chocolate.
- Waffle Monarch was my favorite dessert at The Choco Monarch. It featured classic waffle with a medley of fresh fruits and berries layered with three kinds of melted chocolate. This scrumptious dessert is a must-try.
- The French Toast or Pain Perdu was another standout dessert that we tried. Its great for breakfast as well as a dessert. It had thick-cut slices of bread toast soaked in butter and fried, served with vanilla ice cream.
- To round off, I ordered a cup of Cappuccino that was warm and brewed to perfection.
I had also ordered milkshakes for the kids, but they didn’t get till the end and we cancelled the order. Even the water bottle that we had ordered didn’t come on time.I do want to mention about their service which was terrible. The amazing time we had was spoiled by their horrendous service.
The Choco Monarch is a must-visit place for all chocolate and dessert lovers. Its definitely worth the calories.