Dubai offers a great selection of Indian restaurants, from hole-in-the-wall eateries to mid-range and fine dining restaurants. We are truly spoilt for choice. But there is one Indian restaurant that I keep going back, time and again- Asha’s.
I remember visiting Asha’s since 15 years for all kinds of occasions in my family. And the food has never disappointed us in all these years. They’ve maintained the same high standards.
Asha’s is the brainchild of legendary Indian singer Asha Bhosle. Asha’s is the first global Indian restaurant chain with 13 locations in five countries.
This is what team Asha’s have to say about their restaurant concept:
Asha’s own culinary journey and personal collection of much loved recipes, garnered from roadside eateries to royal kitchens, underpins the menu of North-West Indian inspired dishes. Tradition meets innovation to celebrate India’s rich culinary heritage with an authentic sharing selection of classic flavors, contemporary interpretations and her own family favorites.
We visited Asha’s first flagship restaurant in Wafi yesterday for their Live Grill Promotion. Its grill time at Asha’s every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:30pm until 10:30pm till 11th April 2018. Its priced at AED 175 per person.
Is there anyone who doesn’t like a great grill? Best time of the year to enjoy live grill until the good weather lasts. So we sat in Asha’s Wafi outdoor terrace under the stars and enjoyed the flame grilled goodness along with some classic and authentic Indian dishes.
As in most Indian restaurants, Asha’s also offered us complimentary Poppadam and condiments like chutney and pickle. We also ordered a glass of Red Wine.
Asha’s have their regular a la carte menu and for the live grill promotion they’ve a special menu. And we tried their live grill menu. We were given green and red flip cards on our table, so that we can either continuously receive a portion of grills or stop being served. Their grills are unlimited and you can have it till you’re satisfied.
They’ve good vegetarian and non vegetarian options. We being vegetarians, tried only the veg grills. Their grills menu not only offers grills but there are few other dishes too.
This is what we tried from their live grill promotion menu:
- There was Dal Shorba to start with. This hearty lentil soup was served with onion pakora and smoked labneh.
- Next came the Chaat Bowl for sharing, it had a delicious combination of sweet, savoury and spicy chaat that was perfect for sharing.
- It was time for the main event now-The Grills. The veg options included Tandoori marinated Paneer with bell peppers, and Broccoli with soft cheese and olive oil and Pineapple marinated in honey and chili with red onions. We relished our veg grill and it was packed with amazing taste and incredible flavor.
- All their grills were served with simple Dal Tadka, rich and creamy Paneer Makhani, Rice and freshly made Bread. It went perfectly with the grills.
- To round off our scrumptious evening, we were served Pistachio Kulfi on a stick with dark chocolate sauce which was fabulous.
We loved their live grill promotion menu. And its certainly worth trying. Can’t wait for a night of grilling and chilling at Asha’s again.
For booking call: 04 324 4100