There is one cafe which I always wanted to visit and I finally got around to it. And now I am already planning to visit it again next month. Which is this cafe that I am talking about?
It is the healthy and homegrown Craft Cafe that is situated in the heart of the stunning and stylish Dubai Design District.
The man behind the concept of Craft Cafe is award-winning chef and entrepreneur Roberto Segura. He is also the creative head of the popular Peruvian restaurant Waka.
Hear what team Craft Cafe has to say about their concept:
Craft Cafe food, decor and philosophy are designed to reflect our obsessive need for perfection. Nestled in the beating heart of the Dubai Design District, we are fortunate to be surrounded by creativity and energy. Those who dare to dream a little bigger, to think a little harder and push the boundaries of what is possible… Craft Cafe seeks to mirror their passion with each and every mouthful.
Walking in through the big glass doors of the cafe we were transported to a lovely creative hub where the interiors of the venue matched the philosophy of the concept. We loved the comfortable seating arrangement, natural light seeping through the glass window and the artistic chandelier decorated with colorful birds.
Their menu features all-day-breakfast, salads, soups, poke bowls, sandwiches, wraps, burgers, pastas, signature mains and dessert along with handcrafted drinks.
We order Summer Tonic, a strawberry, basil, lemon and cherry tonic based mocktail and Lavender Lemonade, their signature lemonade. The mocktails were refreshing.
Below is the list of some of the dishes that we ordered:
- The Roasted Pumpkin Soup was creamy and rich. But it was a bit on the sweeter side.
- Santorini the new salad in their menu was super tasty, healthy and fresh. It had tomato, kalamata olives, red onion and feta cheese.
- If you’re looking for a healthy burger option, then you can order their Quinoa Veggie. Its very filling as it has two quinoa patties filled with lettuce, palm heart, avocado, rocoto sauce and tzatziki.
- A definite must-try is their Truffled Quinoa Risotto which is also in Waka’s menu. Even a hardcore meat lover will not be able to resist their risotto.
- As we are vegetarians, we requested them to make us Pesto Linguine instead of chicken. And they happily obliged. It was another standout dish which was utterly delicious.
- French Toast Roll-Ups filled with strawberry jam and sprinkled with powdered sugar is their signature dessert. It was served with salted caramel dip. It was light and oh-so-delightful.
- Their warm Apple Crumble is one of the tastiest I’ve ever had. Every spoonful was phenomenal.
What a wonderful afternoon it was at the Craft Cafe! The food, the drinks, the service and the atmosphere was fantastic. Now I can’t wait to visit them for breakfast.
Phone: 04 514 9032