I had heard good things about Galvin’s restaurants in London from some of my friends who had visited it, naturally I was pretty excited to visit Galvin Dubai. And I must say I was not disappointed. It was one of those memorable dinners that you’ll not forget in a long time.
Galvin Dubai is located in the lively and vibrant The Square, City Walk. Galvin Dubai is the second venture of Michelin-starred chef brothers Chris and Jeff Galvin after the successful opening of Demoiselle.
The restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine and its a perfect venue for lunch, dinner and drinks. They have an ‘a la carte’ menu as well as the chef’s signature seven-course menu. We opted for the seven-course menu.
Sprawled across two floors, there is a dedicated bar area, restaurant and outdoor terrace on the ground floor. The top floor has a lounge and bar. Galvin has a semi-open kitchen concept. Their restaurant also features private dining rooms for up to 10 guests.
Galvin Dubai’s interiors are tastefully done with rich colors, elegant furnishing and dim lighting. Though the indoor space looked very inviting, we chose to sit in their outdoor terrace which had a dreamy vibe.
We had glass of Galvin Champagne that is exclusively available in all Galvin restaurants. Later on, we moved over to wine.
We were happy to note that vegetarians also had good options and after they got to know that we are vegetarians, they offered us a vegetarian seven-course menu.
Before we could start our seven-course dinner, we were offered plump Green Olives and freshly baked in-house Bread.
This is what we had for our seven-course dinner:
- Our first course was an amusé bouché and which was Pumpkin Velouté. It was smooth and velvety with Comté ravioli in the side.
- The second course- Garden on Ice had a tray filled with ice and vegetable crudités with truffle aioli, olive tapenade and hummus. Our favorite was the moreish truffle aioli.
- Seared Asparagus in Mimosa dressing was our third course. The pan seared asparagus was crisp and tender.
- The fourth course was Mozzarella and Pesto Ravioli which was extremely delicious.
- Our main course and the fifth course was Risotto of wild Mushrooms. We loved the mushroom risotto at Galvin that was topped with Piedmont hazelnut and truffle. A must-try for all risotto lovers.
- Galvin Truffle Brie was the sixth course, it had toasted fruit bread, Brie cheese and fig chutney.
- The seventh and final course was Valrhona Chocolate Fondant with vanilla ice cream and honeycomb. The fondant was rich and full of flavor, vanilla ice cream and the honeycomb perfectly complemented it. This dessert was one of the highlights of our dinner.
We ended our dinner with a cup of Cappuccino and it was served along with Galvin Dubai’s version of Petit Four which was amazing.
We loved our dinner experience at Galvin Dubai. The food, the service, the hospitality and the atmosphere was wonderful. Now I know where to get my guests for an unforgettable dining experience.
Phone: 04 590 5444