I’ve always passed by Bubo Barcelona Cafe in City Walk 2 many times and yesterday I decided to visit them for dinner. Bubo Barcelona Cafe is a Spanish restaurant, bakery and chocolate store.
Founded in 2005, Bubo is a mixture of different elements- pastry shop, chocolate factory and the new Spanish cuisine, together offering an innovative product of the highest quality using an exclusive design not only in the products, but also in the packaging and the image of the shops.
Open from early morning to late in the night, Bubo offers, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Their menu is vast and varied with a range of Spanish dishes, fresh bakery products, delectable pastries and chocolates.
Bubo Barcelona Cafe is a bright and lovely cafe with indoor and outdoor dining space. It has a separate bakery section and a retail area for chocolates.
After being seated, we ordered two of their mocktails- Ipanema and Bubo Juice. We liked the passion fruit, strawberry and ginger ale based Ipanema. Bubo Juice was not that great, I don’t like carrot in my drinks, maybe that’s why I didn’t like it.
We were offered complimentary basket of freshly baked Bread.
For our appetizers, we tried few of their Spanish tapas.
- Tasty Potato Bravas were served with smoky, spicy dipping sauce. We relished it.
- We also liked the incredibly fresh Mini Burrata with wild mushroom salad that had Grissini bread, sautéed mushrooms, roasted tomato, rucola and balsamic dressing.
- Coca Bread that was topped with sun dried tomatoes, fresh purée of roasted eggplant, greens and Gouda fondue was a pure delight.
- As a lover of quinoa, I loved their Quinoa Risotto.
- Penne Pasta with pink sauce was delicious and hearty. It was my kids favorite dish at Bubo.
- A Spanish meal is incomplete without having the nourishing rice dish Paella. They’ve seafood, Canadian lobster, roasted chicken, angus beef and classic Paella Valencia. As we are vegetarians, we had the veg Paella which had a great taste and authentic flavor.
For desserts, they don’t have a dessert menu, but you can order from their dessert counter in the cafe.
- Bubo had three varieties of milk cake and we ordered the classic Vanilla Milk Cake. It was light, fluffy and super moist.
- Pistachio Chocolate Éclair was rich and crisp with a nutty crunch.
- Mini Berry Tart was juicy and tasty. It was a bite sized treat.
We ended our dinner with their freshly brewed and oh-so-good Café Latte.
We had a wonderful dining experience at Bubo Barcelona Cafe. The food, the drinks, the service and the atmosphere was great. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this lovely cafe to others.
Phone: 04 398 8777