Last month Seasonal Tastes, the all-day-dining restaurant at the Westin Dubai Al Habtoor City relaunched their popular City Brunch. The City Brunch is one of the Friday brunches in the city that offers a massive spread. My family and I had a fantastic time and we can’t wait to come back again.
Like me, if you’re looking for a family-centric Friday brunch with delicious food, loads of fun and entertainment, then look no further than the City Brunch at Seasonal Tastes.
Drawing from Westin’s philosophy of ‘Eat well and play well’, the City Brunch will appeal to all food and entertainment lovers. It was a foodie affair where we saw chefs juggling more than just food.
For the very first time, we saw chefs on the deck spinning music. Chef turned resident DJ Jerin was spinning old school tunes whilst making classic breakfast dishes. How cool is that!
Seasonal Tastes is a spacious restaurant with stunning Dubai Water Canal view. It has contemporary decor with natural lighting. We loved the welcoming vibes of the venue.
The City Brunch runs every Friday from 1pm-4:30pm. It offers three kinds of packages and we went for the package with house beverages.
We started off with Wine from their wine stand to try different grapes from around the world. After that we headed over to the make-your-own cocktails stand. There was also espresso martini and pimm’s stand. For beer lovers there was a barrow filled beer cans and beer bottles. It was a drinkers delight.
While hubs and I were enjoying our drinks, our little girl had a whale of a time at the supervised Kids Zone. She loved the fun and creative activities including cooking classes provided by the chefs themselves. The kids area also had a separate buffet for the kids where all their favorite food was available.
The City Brunch’s buffet spread is one of the most elaborate one. We were spoilt for choice, how I wish we had skipped our dinner and breakfast so that we could come hungry and do justice to the awesome spread. Never mind, there is always a next time.
We were impressed by their :
- Live cooking stations.
- Selection of hearty and healthy soups.
- Fresh salads, we especially liked their Caesar and Mediterranean style salad. They also had make-your-own salad counter.
- We loved the variety of cheese and bread.
- Hummus and moutabel were our favorites in the Arabic mezze selection.
- It was a seafood lovers paradise, the seafood section was huge, fresh and fantastic.
- Their carving section had steaks. There were cold cuts, grills and more.
- Plus there were Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Arabic BBQ counters with interactive live cooking. We relished the Indian chaats, dosa and biryani. Freshly made dim sum and noodles were also good.
- Salads to appetizers and mains there brunch had everything to all kinds of palates.
- The dessert selection had both cold and hot desserts. It featured a variety of international sweet treats along with local delicacies.
Not only the variety, but the quality of the food was good too. We loved their market style brunch. The food, the drinks, the service, the music and the atmosphere was great.
Well, if you don’t want to end the party at 4:30pm, then you can continue the party at the American gastro pub Cook Hall located on the ground floor of the hotel, where you can indulge in an extended happy hour and dance to live music.
Call: 04 435 5577
AED 249 per person (soft drinks)
AED 350 per person (house beverages)
AED 495 per person (premium beverages)