Trader Vic’s has been my go-to bar and lounge for drinks and music since years. No matter, which day you go, you are ensured to have a good time. Recently, they had a complete makeover and are back with a new look. So along with hubby on last Thursday, I went over to Trader Vic’s to check them out.
Located in the 3rd Floor of Crowne Plaza Hotel in Sheikh Zayed Road, Trader Vic’s is a Polynesian inspired Tiki bar, Cocktail lounge and restaurant. Trader Vic’s is an international chain headquartered in California, USA with location across many countries.
Trader Vic’s is where original Mai Tai was first created by the founder of the chain- Victor Bergeron years ago. I so believe in his quote:
You can have more fun with a flower behind your ear, a Mai Tai in your hand, and good friends.
Here’s what Trader Vic’s have to say about their concept:
The iconic Trader Vic’s serves eclectic fusion cuisine inspired by dishes from around the globe. With its exotic cocktail menu and Polynesian decor, this popular restaurant transports you to a tropical paradise. A great escape from the bustle of the city.
The newly refurbished place looks gorgeous. This spacious venue has a separate restaurant area, bar area and a private dining space for large groups. Stepping into Trader Vic’s, we felt like we were on a holiday in a strikingly beautiful place.
The amazing Cuban live band kept all the guests enthralled by their lively and energetic performance.
Their drinks and food menu is elaborate. Trader Vic’s offers a lot of variety for meat and seafood lovers. But they have limited options for vegetarians. The menu itself is so vibrant that I took couple of minutes to admire it.
While we were going through the menu, we were served a complimentary basket of Bread and Butter.
Whenever we visit Trader Vic’s, we end up ordering their most popular cocktail in Dubai- Tiki Puka Puka. So this time, we ordered different cocktails.
- Samoan Fog Cutter- A beautiful vase filled with rum, gin, brandy, Sherry wine with orange juice and orgeat syrup. Its a strong and delicious drink.
- Peach Tree Punch- A fish bowl of a drink with light rum, flavor of peaches and oranges and a soft southern whisper of coconuts. It was a light and refreshing drink.
- Suffering Bastard- It had a blend of different rums, lime and liquors with a hint of cucumber.
- Original Mai Tai- Yes, the best Mai Tai in the world and only at Trader Vic’s. A definite must-try.
- Goat Cheese & Beet Salad- Fresh and crunchy salad with baby arugula, orange, walnuts, beetroot, goat cheese with tarragon vinaigrette.
- Jalapeño Cheese Balls- This was our hands down favorite. Golden fried cheese balls filled with cheddar, emmentale, jalapeño and coriander.
- Creamed Spinach- Tasty and creamy spinach made a good side dish.
- Veg Tempura- It was crispy and non greasy.
- Trader Vic’s Red Curry- It was made with seasonal veggies and we found it too spicy. The Red Curry was served along with Jasmine rice.
- Singapore Noodles(veg)- Aromatic noodles packed with great flavor and taste.
We ended our dinner with Irish Coffee which was such a treat.
Trader Vic’s at Crowne Plaza is a great place for fab cocktails, good food and service, amazing music and wonderful atmosphere.
Contact: 04 305 6399