I first visited Downtown Cafe couple of years ago on its opening party. Yesterday I paid them a second visit to catch up with a friend. The first time I couldn’t enjoy much as it was too crowded but yesterday we had a relaxed lunch and had a great experience.
Loved the motto of Downtown Cafe:
Downtown Cafe- Where the food is delicious, coffee is warm and conversations are never ending.
Downtown Cafe is located in the bustling suburbs of Karama in Dubai, it offers international cuisine. Their menu offers a wide range of dishes and there is something for everyone.
The interiors of the cafe is done in dark hues of blue and looks lovely and inviting. We sat in the cosy corner of the cafe. I liked the fact that the venue has a well stocked library with good books as well as games to play. It is a good place to hang out with friends and family.
To drink, we ordered healthy and refreshing juices like Hemoglobin and Ginger Punch. We also tried their Ice Cream Shake which is heavy. Definitely preferred the juices over the shake.
The dishes we ordered were:
- We started with the super refreshing and light Watermelon & Feta Salad.
- From their specialities section of the menu, we ordered Rice Balls. It had rich and creamy deep-fried risotto balls served with their special sauce. We relished it.
- There was another scrumptious veggie starter which I don’t recollect the name, it had small layers of filo pastry baked with mushroom and cheese. A dish worth trying.
- Next we had the Garden Fresh Pizza, it was the regular pizza which you can find anywhere.
- From their bakes section, we ordered the Veg Bake. It was a bowl of comfort food loaded with cheese and veggies that was baked to perfection.
- The highlight of our lunch was the utterly delicious and spicy DT Flakes & Flames Pasta/fusilli pasta with pink sauce.
- Dessert was the delightful Avocado Cheesecake. It was not heavy like the regular cheesecakes and every spoonful was exquisite.
We loved our dining experience at Downtown Cafe. The presentation, flavor and taste of the food and drinks were excellent. The atmosphere, the service and the hospitality complemented the good food and drinks. The pricing is reasonable and affordable.
Phone: 04 852 5957