I was visiting the garden city of Al Ain with my family on a weekend, we decided to stop for an early dinner at the newly opened Triangle restaurant and cafe located in Al Jimi Mall. It is a space where people come together for good food.
Triangle is a restaurant concept from Kuwait and now opened its first outlet in Al Ain, UAE. Triangle is popular for triangular mini burgers, sandwiches and good comfort food in a chic ambience.
When we visited them on a Saturday evening, they were packed with people waiting in line to be seated. Its only been open for a few weeks and already has become popular.
The venue is trendy, sleek and stylish with modern and sharp interiors. It has an open kitchen concept with dim lighting. Triangle has a spacious indoor dining area as well as an al-fresco style outdoor dining area.
We started with their special beverages- Rose Pomegranate, Blue Lagoon and Mojito. Though the drinks were refreshing, they were too sweet.
Being vegetarians, we ordered only the veg dishes and the vegetarian options are limited. Some of the dishes that we ordered were:
- The Cave Man Salad (veg on request) was loaded with too much cheese and potato crisps. It was too heavy and didn’t taste great.
- Super delicious Mushroom Pillows was the highlight of our dinner, it had crispy fried wild mushroom and cheese in Cajun mushroom sauce.
- The kids loved the Smoked Jar Fries. It is the fries-lovers ultimate dream come true as it had crispy homemade fries, smoked chili, cheese sauce, signature special sauce and potato sticks.
- As our main course we had Rosa Pasta and Mushroom Risotto. While the pasta was utterly delicious and flavorful, the risotto was disappointing.
- Dessert was the indulgent and delightful Avalanche. It had a combination of chocolate brownie cake, served with marshmallow and chocolate sauce.
- We ended our dinner with a cup of freshly brewed Cappuccino.
Overall, we had a good experience. There were few hits and misses. If you live in Al Ain or visiting Al Ain, then you can give them a try.
Phone: 03 763 2224