I wanted to grab a quick bite for lunch, definitely not junk food but something nourishing and wholesome. That’s how I came across Manoushe Street, a Lebanese eatery which has many branches across UAE.
As my friend and I were in Downtown Dubai, we visited their branch there and it is located in the Burj Views Tower. Manoushe Street has cute and cosy decor. As the weather was pleasant we dined outdoors.
What is Manoushe?
Manoushe is a popular Levantine food consisting of dough topped with thyme, cheese or ground meat. It is a flatbread similar to a pizza. A staple Lebanese street food, to be enjoyed by anyone, anytime.
At Manoushe Street, the Manoushe or flatbread is made fresh daily in their oven. Apart from the flatbread their menu features a range of appetizers, salads, pizzas, bureks, wraps and desserts.
They’ve a nice breakfast menu as well. Being vegetarians, we were happy with the vegetarian choices and I’m glad to note that their menu caters for vegans too.
We started off with their Fresh Orange Juice and Homemade Lemonade to drink. Both our drinks were refreshing.
Some of the dishes that we had for lunch were:
- Kabouleh is their version of Tabbouleh made with kale and quinoa and served with exquisite oriental kabouleh sauce. It was super fresh and nutritious.
- Next we had the Appetizer Combo that consisted of a satisfying feast of velvety labneh, creamy hummus and savory tidbits of cheese, spinach and zaatar. It was served with freshly baked bread and vegetables. The appetizer combo is a great platter that can be shared between 2-3 people.
- The smoky flavored Moutabal was really good.
- After seeing bureks in their menu, we couldn’t resist and ordered Potato ‘N’ Cheese Burek. It was baked and stuffed with goodness.
- Manoushe Street’s menu offers a good range of wraps and you can choose and customize your wraps with healthy dough like multi-cereal or brown. We liked both their Vegan Wrap and Baked Green Falafel Wrap. They were packed with deliciousness and oozing with amazing flavors.
- For dessert we had the rich and scrumptious Kunafa.
- Ended our lunch with the soothing and relaxing pot of Tea which is good for sharing.
We enjoyed our authentic Lebanese lunch made with fresh and high quality ingredients. Loved the delicious twist to the traditional food. We liked the fact that they serve good food that is healthy, tasty and reasonably priced.