My last night’s dining experience took me on a flashback mode and I remembered about my wonderful food memories of eating in a highway Dhaba in India years ago. Dhaba style food and setup in Dubai?
Yes! I discovered this place called Dhaba Lane in the bustling streets of Karama, the pocket-friendly foodie paradise in Dubai. The colorful entrance from outside really stands out and tempts you to go inside.
Dhaba Lane has rustic and vibrant Dhaba-inspired decor. The Punjabi songs playing in the backyard adds to the authentic Dhaba atmosphere. It has a welcoming vibe with colorful interiors.
Even the menu looks colorful and pretty. Their menu features a wide range of vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes along with delectable beverages.
We were served Shikanji, a traditional North Indian lemonade as our amuse bouche. For drinks, we ordered Spicy Galangal and Virgin Pina Colada. The refreshing Spicy Galangal was our favorite.
Below is the list of the dishes that we ordered for our dinner at Dhaba Lane:
- As our cold starter we had Purani Dilli Ki Papri Chaat. This yogurt based chaat was crunchy, tangy and sweet. Great way to start a meal.
- As in most Indian restaurants, in Dhaba Lane also we were offered complimentary condiments like Poppadam, Pickle and Chutneys.
- Our hot appetizers included Shabnam Ke Moti, Dahi Ke Kebab and Tandoori Phool. Shabnam Ke Moti was stuffed mushroom that was incredibly tasty and as a mushroom lover, I just devoured it. Dahi Ke Kebab was rich, soft and creamy. Tandoor cooked broccoli and cauliflower which is the Tandoori Phool was ok, this appetizer is simple and easy to make and you can find it everywhere.
- For main course, we ordered Desi Malai Kofta. It was extremely tasty, rich and cooked to perfection.
- Taka Tak Paneer is a must-try at Dhaba Lane. It was spicy, tangy and flavorful. We loved it.
- Dal Makhan Maar Ke is their version of dal makhani. It was slow-cooked for 36 hours and bursting with amazing flavor. Never had such good dal makhani anywhere in Dubai. Another must-try dish at Dhaba Lane.
- Freshly prepared Mint Paratha and Butter Naan paired well with all the delicious curries that we ordered.
- Coming to my favorite part of the dinner, which is the dessert, we ordered Chenna Cheesecake. It was super indulgent and oh-so-delightful. This dessert had a mix of all my favorite desserts like Rabdi, mini rasgulla and cheesecake. I also tried their new dessert Seviyan Mango Panna Cotta which I didn’t like. Somehow the flavors didn’t work well in this dessert.
Dhaba Lane offers delicious and flavorful food with good presentation and plating. The pricing is very reasonable and affordable too. I can’t wait to visit them again.