I like Greek food and the variety of vegetarian dishes Greek cuisine offers is truly amazing. Greek cuisine is known for its rich culinary tradition that has simple to elaborate dishes. Yesterday, I sampled some of the best Greek food in town.
Grecian Grill is a Greek family owned restaurant that offers authentic home-style Greek Food. Their Greek chef makes everything from scratch using only the freshest of ingredients. We were made to feel right at home by the owner Kyriakos.
Tucked inside Jannah Marina Bay Suites in Dubai Marina, Grecian Grill offers the beautiful Marina Lake view. The restaurant has lovely Greek inspired interiors with outdoor and indoor dining space.
The concept of their restaurant according to team Grecian Grill:
Relish the delightful flavors of authentic Greek culinary treats like only Grecian Grill can serve. A family-owned business, placed ideally in Dubai Marina promenade, Grecian Grill serves a variety of Greek traditional favorites and is well-known for its rotisserie and grill dishes, as well as selection of cold and warm appetizers. Get on a gastronomic journey cooked by our executive chef Antonis Melas and his team that will take you to Greece and its fabled meal fit for the gods.
We started our lunch with a glass of fresh Watermelon Juice. As we are vegetarians, we only tried the vegetarian dishes and we were happy to note that their menu offers good selection for vegetarians.
Below is the list of dishes we tried, we started with cold and hot appetizers, then moved on to main course and desserts.
- Our cold appetizers were Tirokafteri, Eggplant Salad, Feta, Tzatziki and Grecian Hummus. All the cold starters were fresh, flavorful and delicious. The Pita Bread Basket went well with the cold appetizers.
- The classic Greek Salad was super fresh, light and crunchy.
- Greek Yellow Split Peas “Fava” served with caramelized onions, lemon and oregano was a moreish dish and a definite must-try at Grecian Grill.
- The traditional Tomatokeftedes or tomato fritters with a pinch of spearmint and herbs was too oily.
- The Spinach Pie which had a filling of spinach, feta cheese, fresh onions and herbs was a wholesome dish and every bite was delightful.
- One of the standout dish was the Fried Feta that was wrapped in phyllo dough and served with honey and topped with black and white sesame seeds.
- As our main course we were served Gemista or Yemista. It had bell peppers and tomatoes that had a filling of rice, chopped veggies, herbs and sauce. This dish was bursting with authentic flavors and it was oh-so-delicious. The presentation was great as well.
- For dessert we had a dessert platter that consisted of 4 Greek desserts- Galaktomboureko, which had custard cream wrapped in phyllo dough, Greek Orange Pie, semolina Halvas and Chocolate Walnut Cake. We liked all the desserts, but our favorite was the Greek Orange Pie which had a unique taste and orange flavor. It is one dessert you cannot miss.
We enjoyed our lunch at Grecian Grill. The food, the service, the atmosphere and the hospitality was fabulous. It truly offers a slice of Greece in Dubai. Grecian Grill is a must-visit destination for all Greek food lovers and discerning foodies.