Unique concepts always excites me. Last Thursday when I had to visit Stock Exchange, a financial themed restaurant, bar and pub, I was super excited as I had never visited a venue with this theme.
Located in the sprawling premises of Roda Al Murooj complex, it was a bit tricky to get there in the dark. We had to go up a winding path and climb up few steps. Its best to follow the signs, which we unfortunately missed.
When we finally reached the venue, the place was busy and buzzing with energy. It looked like the perfect venue to bring in the weekend. The venue is not very huge, but there is ample seating space, small but well stocked bar and a stage for live performance. The band playing on that day were fantastic.
Stock Exchange restaurant and bar is the first of its kind in UAE, the concept is simple- the prices of the beverages keep changing based on the demand and supply. So if a drink is popular and lots of people are ordering it then the price goes up and the prices for less popular drinks will become cheaper.
Every Thursdays and Fridays, they’ve a Bull & Bear offer- place an order for one and get the other drink for free. What an amazing offer and we took advantage of it.
For the drinks menu, we were given a tablet to choose. There were signature cocktails, mocktails, beers, wines and other spirits. We loved both their signature cocktails- gin based Dubai Sunset and Jack Daniel based Jacked Up. Later we also ordered bottled Beer and their house Wine.
Moving on to the food part, we were given a printed menu which had some great comfort food options. Being vegetarians, we ordered veg dishes like:
- Delicious Aloo Tikki Chaat with kurkura matra and trio of chutney.
- The best dish of the evening was Mushroom Kung Pao Sizzler. It was crisp and incredibly tasty.
- Next we had the Chilly Cheese Baguette with peri peri sauce. It was simple dish and went well with our drinks.
- As our main course, we had Desi Manchurian, Van Noodles that was served in a wooden dish shaped like iron box. It was delicious but would have been better if it was served in a broad bowl or dish, as it was difficult to serve and the food kept falling out when tried to serve ourselves.
- For dessert we ordered the decadent Sizzling Lotus Tart with vanilla ice cream.
Our overall experience was good. The drinks, the food, the music and the atmosphere was amazing. The service was a bit slow. Stock Exchange is an interesting concept in Downtown Dubai which is worth visiting.