If you have lived in Dubai for more than fifteen years…just like me, I am sure you would have heard of Blue Bar, a haven for true music lovers. Blue Bar has been our venue to-go for good music, amazing cocktails and delectable bar bites.
Over the last few years there has been an onslaught of many new venues all over Dubai, and I’ve been so busy visiting these new places that I didn’t get a chance to visit Blue Bar. So last Thursday evening I made a plan to visit Blue Bar with my partner.
Located in the Ground floor of Novotel World Trade Centre, Blue Bar is the original and only true jazz and blues venue in Dubai. Its a recipe for a great evening as they offer all the perfect ingredients- drinks, food, music and atmosphere.
This is what team Blue Bar has to say about their concept:
Come for the food and drinks, and stay for the tunes. Since the hotel’s grand opening in 2003, Blue Bar has become a central gathering place for the city’s music lovers. Listen to jazz, pop, blues, soul, Motown, funk, Latin beats, acoustic jams, Lebanese and Arabic oldies.
Live music is the highlight of Blue Bar. It has been a winner for the ‘Best Live Music Venue Category’ for 2014 and has been shortlisted for various prestigious awards.
Every Thursday, Salha and her Million Dollar Band play at Blue Bar and we had the pleasure of watching them perform live. And oh boy! What a fabulous performance it was.
Though the venue is not very big, it can easily house 90-100 people. There is a stage in the center for live performance. The decor of Blue Bar is music inspired and looks very inviting. We loved the New Orleans kind of music bar vibe of Blue Bar.
Their contemporary-style menu is on an iPad, and they have an extensive list of cocktails, mocktails, beers, wines and other spirits. We started off with two of their cocktails- Michael’s “Dirty Diana” which is their signature cocktail and their champagne cocktail Bellini. Both the cocktails were mixed to perfection and tasted fantastic.
After that we ordered for beer, both draught and bottled beer. We really liked their beer selection as they had all our favorite brew.
As for the food, their menu featured a range of starters, salads, sharing platters, sandwiches, burgers, grills and desserts. Here’s a list of dishes that we ordered:
- We started with the healthy and delicious Quinoa & Halloumi Salad.
- The Classic Nachos is comfort food at its best and went well with our drinks.
- Next we had the sharing platter that consisted of Spring Rolls, Vegetable Tempura, Cheesy Balls and Onion Rings that was served with various dips. Each one of them was flavorful, delicious and oh-so-addictive. We were so full by the time we finished the sharing platter that we didn’t have any room for mains, so instead we ordered a dessert to share.
- The Apple Crumble Tart with minted marinated fresh fruits was scrumptious.
- We ended our evening with a Shooter-B52 that had a delicious blend of Kahlua, Baileys and grand mariner.
We enjoyed our evening at Blue Bar. The drinks, the food, the service, the atmosphere and the music was great. Blue Bar must be on the list of all music lovers.