I am a huge fan Chef Izu and I’ve eaten in some of the best restaurants in Dubai that he he has worked in. Most recently I visited Chef Izu’s venture in City Walk -Izu Brassiere & Bakery and also had the good fortune of meeting the humble and down to earth chef.
After I read somewhere that the chef has opened a new restaurant called Carine in Emirates Golf Club, I immediately made a lunch plan and visited the restaurant last Friday.
Carine is named after Chef Izu’s French wife and the restaurant is filled with Carine’s favorites like freshly baked breads, fresh veggies, homemade jams, French -Mediterranean dishes and delectable desserts.
Walking into the restaurant, we felt like we were transported to a chic and trendy restaurant in France. The restaurant is tastefully done in hues of white. The spacious restaurant features huge windows, elegant furniture and stylish modern lighting.
There is also an al fresco terrace with the stunning views of the golf course. Carine is a family friendly restaurant. Its a perfect venue to gather your family and friends and enjoy a relaxed meal.
The concept of Carine according to the team:
Carine offers a mouth-watering selection of French Mediterranean inspired dishes and unique cocktails in a menu created by Dubai’s one and only Chef Izu Ani.
Carine comes as a fresh and trendy addition to the fast-paced ever-evolving Dubai dining scene. Thanks to a combination of thoughtfully sourced ingredients and expertly executed dishes, Carine has found the recipe for success. It is a space that encourages diners to relax and unwind, spending hours with family and friends while enjoying outstanding food.
After being seated, we ordered a glass of White Wine. Their drinks menu features a great selection of wines, cocktails, mocktails and other spirits. We were also offered freshly baked Bread while we were going through their food menu.
Their food menu is simple and straight to the point. Being a vegetarian, we ordered only the veg dishes. And I must say, I liked the options offered to vegetarians. In fact their menu offers something for everyone.
Some of the dishes we tried were:
- Salad de bettraves, fromage de chèvre et pistaches or the beetroot salad with goat cheese and pistachios was delicious and crunchy.
- Salad de pommés, haricots verts was a fresh and light salad with apple, green beans and walnuts.
- Classic French Tarte flambée/Onion tart was excellent. The best I’ve eaten in Dubai. A definite must-try at Carine.
- Delicious and tender Gnocchi served Sorrentina style with tomato sauce, fresh basil and mozzarella was another standout dish. Highly recommend this dish to everyone, you can thank me later.
- Rigatoni aux truffés or rigatoni with truffles was our other main course dish. It is a truffle lover’s delight.
- Ratatouille and Broccolini were the perfect side dishes.
- For desserts we had Tiramisu, Passion Fruit Cheesecake and Crème Brûle. So difficult to choose a favorite as each one of them was deliciously different and had an exquisite flavor. What a great way to end a fabulous lunch.
We loved our lunch experience at Carine and can’t wait to visit again. When it comes to food, the plating, presentation, taste and flavor is spot on. The service and the atmosphere is amazing too.