One of my favorite things to do in the city is to check out the new restaurants and bars. There are so many new and amazing concepts coming to Dubai that I am literally spoilt for choice. Recently, we brought in our weekend at this newly opened Belgian restaurant and bar: Le Petit Belge.
After the successful launch of its first location in JLT, Le Petit Belge has opened its second venue in DoubleTree by Hilton in Bay Square, Business Bay.
As the name suggests, Le Petit Belge is a Belgian restaurant and bar. I liked the fact that it perfectly blends Belgian hospitality with delectable Belgian cuisine. The contemporary and colorful decor adds a welcoming vibe to the venue.
The minute we entered the venue, we knew we were going to have a good time as we could hear awesome soundtracks being played and we were also received with so much warmth. Not to forget the spectacular views of the iconic Burj Khalifa from their outdoor terrace.
Le Petit Belge has a nice and well stocked bar. They’ve different kinds of seating arrangements, we chose the table close to the window.
If you’re a beer lover, Le Petit Belge is the place for you, as they’ve a vast and wonderful selection of Belgian beers. We tried three kinds of beers. Both draught as well as bottled beer.
- Chimay Rouge is a Belgian bottled beer that had a round and full flavor with a refreshing light bitter touch.
- Deliciously flavored with cherries Kriek Belle-Vue had an irresistible taste. A beer which the ladies will love.
- Pauwel Kwak is a triple amber ale that had a mellow, nougat like and slightly spicy taste with delicate bitterness.
- We also had a glass of their house wine.
Their beverage menu features Belgian beers, wines, cocktails and other spirits.
Along with great drinks, they also have food menu that offers everything from soups, salads, sides, starters to sandwiches, mussels, steaks, mains and desserts.
As a vegetarian, we couldn’t try their popular mussels, but I must say they offer good options for vegetarians. We ordered:
- Forest Mushroom Crostini had 3 varieties of mushroom, truffle and passendaele cheese. It was extremely delicious and a must-try if you like mushroom.
- Cauliflower and Gorgonzola Croquettes were little balls of deliciousness. They have 5 kinds of Croquettes, so you get a good variety to choose.
- LPB Superfood Salad had quinoa with a medley of veggies, mixed seeds and walnuts. This salad was not only healthy and nutritious, it was damn tasty too.
- Spicy Penne Arrabiata and Seasonal Barley Risotto were the two main course dishes that we ordered. Penne pasta with Arrabiata sauce is a simple dish and you cannot go wrong with it. The Barley Risotto was well made and flavorful.
- For dessert, we shared Butterscotch Pots de crème. It is a custard based dessert topped with whipped cream and salted caramel. Oh boy, it was a dream of a dessert and the best way to end our fab dinner at Le Petit Belge.
We loved our dinner experience at Le Petit Belge’s latest venue at Bay Square. Their ladies night offer on every Wednesday, happy hour every day and Friday brunch is worth checking out.