I rarely visit Barsha Heights, but from past couple of weeks, I made at least three trips to this area. Well, the reason for the trip is that I’ve a new favorite hotel in the city. And the hotel is TYRP by Wyndham.
This hotel has the coolest restaurants and bars and I am trying all their food and beverage outlets. Last week I visited L!QD and this weekend I visited Local for lunch.
Local is TRYP by Wyndham’s Social Kitchen & Bar. It is situated on the ground floor of the hotel. Local offers indoor and outdoor dining space and it is one of the only restaurants in Dubai with direct access to a public park.
The interiors of Local is modern, trendy and chic. Its a bright space with natural sunlight seeping in through the windows. It offers an interactive and social experience to all- whether it is for dining or grabbing a quick cup of coffee or enjoying a chilled beer after work hours.
Hear what their manager has to say about Local:
Local has something for everyone, it’s a place to bring the whole family, a place to catch up with friends for sundowners, a place to relax with a coffee or just hang out with your hound.
Their menu curated by chef Yokus and team offers authentic dishes that is difficult to find in other restaurants. And their ‘great grub’ influenced menu suits all palates. This dynamic venue offers great food and beverages. They also have a kids menu.
We sat outdoor for our lunch. While hubs had a glass of Red Wine, I had a mocktail- Blueberry Yuzu Fizz. We were impressed with their selection of cold and hot beverages, both alcoholic and non alcoholic.
As vegetarians, we were not disappointed by their offering. Below is the list of dishes that we ordered:
- Homemade Veggie Crisps had a variety of freshly made veg crisps that was served with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
- Forest Floor is their signature salad made with baby root vegetables, curly kale, barley and truffle vinaigrette. It was spectacular and would love to recommend this salad.
- Burratina is their salad with burrata. It had heirloom tomatoes, olive crumble, baby rocket, cavioroli and balsamic pearls. A must-try salad for all burrata lovers.
- panzanella Sarmie or Italian salad sandwich comes with grilled chicken thigh, upon request they made it without chicken. It was a wholesome sandwich that was served with a small portion of coleslaw salad and potato crisps.
- Spinach Basil Freekeh Risotto was outstanding, not only was it healthy, it was so damn delicious too. This is the kind of healthy food that I don’t mind eating daily.
- Local has so many good desserts that we were spoilt for choice. We ordered Banana Brownie Split that had caramelized banana, almond cookie crust and soft serve ice cream. If I’ve to use one word to describe this dessert then it will be DIVINE!
- We ended our lunch with a hot cup of Cappuccino.
We loved our whole experience at Local. And I am pretty sure, we will be one of the regulars at this fabulous venue.
Phone: 04 247 6630