I don’t know a single person who doesn’t like Biryani. My ultimate comfort food is Biryani, there is no other dish that can come close to it. I’ll be more than happy to have it every day of my life.
There are a few restaurants in Dubai where I always order Biryani and have never been disappointed, this time when I was hit by a Biryani craving I decided to try a new place. That’s how I ended up ordering from Biryani Express.
This place Biryani Express is a North Indian restaurant specializing in Biryani. It is located in The Pavilion, France Cluster-International City. I didn’t visit the restaurant so I cannot describe the ambience of the place, but what I saw from their pictures on the website , it looks vibrant and inviting.
The menu of Biryani Express features a range of starters, chaats, kebabs, rolls, curries, biryanis and desserts.
This is what team Biryani Express has to say about their food:
We finally found a way to translate our passion, creativity and attention to detail into a mouth full of bursting flavors, freshness and natural goodness….
Welcome to our world!
Here’s the small list of dishes that we ordered:
- We ordered two starters –Spiced Tandoori Baby Corn, it had baby corn marinated with Indian spices and baked in tandoor oven. It was served with mint chutney. We liked it. The other starter was Paneer Tikka which was neither soft nor succulent, in fact it was too rubbery. The Paneer Tikka was also served with mint chutney. And their tasty mint chutney had a homemade flavor.
- We were offered complimentary plates of freshly prepared Salads that went well with our meal.
- When it comes to Biryani, Biryani Express has a good variety for both vegetarians and non vegetarians. We didn’t order roti, sabji or curries and we only ordered Biryani for our main course. All their Biryanis are served with Mirchi Ka Salan and Raita. The Tarkari Biryani had Basmati rice cooked with mixed veggies and quinoa in a tangy gravy. We loved this flavor and taste packed Biryani.
- The other Biryani that we ordered was Stuffed Mushroom Biryani. It had mushrooms stuffed with cottage cheese, cashews and raisins that was oven baked and then layered in saffron flavored Basmati rice. The stuffed mushrooms added an amazing twist to this Biryani. As I love mushrooms, I relished this Biryani and definitely recommend it to all mushroom lovers.
- Meeti Biryani was the dessert that we ordered and it had sweetened rice cooked in saffron milk and garnished with nuts. It was rich, creamy and oh-so-scrumptious. A perfect way to end our delicious meal.
We enjoyed our meal from Biryani Express, especially the Biryani and dessert. And definitely going to order from them again. They also do catering for all occasions. You can dine-in, order or do catering from them. They are reasonably priced and deliver on time.
Phone: 04 559 7882
To order: 800(Biryani)
P. S.- The credit of the first picture goes to dishocean.com and all other pictures are mine!