I remember visiting Weslodge Saloon a year ago for a drink, and I was impressed by my experience there, though it was short. Last week I decided to pay them a visit for a full-fledged dinner.
Situated in the 68th Floor of JW Marriott Marquis, Weslodge is Canada’s import to Dubai. The original Weslodge is a popular Toronto haunt. It offers contemporary American cuisine and finely crafted drinks.
The minute we reached the 68th floor of the hotel, we were warmly greeted by the staff and led towards our table. We chose a table by the window where we got the stunning view of the city’s skyline.
Weslodge Saloon has one of the most fascinating interiors in Dubai and we were instantly impressed. The decor is North American inspired and it is visible all over the venue.
The classic furniture, colonial-era picture frames and paintings adorning the walls, hunting memorabilia and the long bar area literally transports you to a North American saloon. The ambience is classy, sophisticated and trendy. And the fabulous music adds up to the whole experience.
Hear what team Weslodge have to say about their concept:
Creatively cool, elegant and modern, Weslodge is ‘Rock and Roll’ chic. The music, design, food, drink and attitude find its roots from those who dare to be different. The menu explores American cuisine through a modern and boundless lens. The drinks list is classically rooted but adventurously reinterpreted.
Their drinks menu is extensive and features a wide range of cocktails, mocktails, wines, whiskey and other spirits. And all their staff members are knowledgeable about the drinks they serve.
Their amazing bartenders know how to mix a perfect drink. We ordered 4 of their signature cocktails like – The Alchemist, Weslodge Gin & Tonic, Old Fashioned and El Diablo. Each and every drink was beautifully handcrafted and tasted great.
Their food menu is simple and easy to order. It consists of small and large bites, salads, starters, sides, steaks, mains and desserts. There is something for everyone. We being vegetarians, tried only the veg food. Though the vegetarian dishes are limited, they do have good options.
Some of the dishes we ordered were:
- Quinoa Salad with pumpkin, rocket leaves, sunflower seeds in a lemon sesame dressing topped with colorful flowers not only looked pretty tasted refreshing and flavorful.
- Burrata & Mushroom with black truffle on grilled bread was delightful. A good option for vegetarians.
- Their Mac & Cheese is the best in Dubai, you can’t leave Weslodge without ordering it. It had Pimento cheese, cheddar and jalapeño.
- As our main course we ordered Gnocchi, it had creamy potato pasta with smoked tomato, basil and ricotta salata, it was good but a bit salty.
- We ordered the moreish Triple Cooked Chips with house ketchup and the utterly delicious Couscous with cherry tomatoes, coriander leaves and roast tomato vinaigrette as our sides.
- Our dessert was the comforting and heavenly tasting Double Down. It had skillet-baked dark chocolate hazelnut brownie, chocolate chip cookie and vanilla ice cream. The portion size is huge and it can be shared between two people.
- To round off, we ordered a pot of soothing and aromatic Green Tea.
We loved our dining experience at Weslodge Saloon. The drinks, the food, the service, the atmosphere, the view and the music is awesome. Weslodge Saloon comes highly recommended.
Phone: 04 560 1700