Brand new restaurant and lounge alert in Dubai- Ninive, this new dining sensation offers Arabic cuisine under the stars. And last week, we had the pleasure of visiting them for dinner.
From the owners of La Cantine du Faubourg comes this beautiful new venue at Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel. Ninive is an al fresco only dining destination that offers diverse Middle Eastern cuisine, drinks and Shisha.
Tucked away on an elevated terrace of Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Ninive is a serene and tranquil oasis in the center of Dubai’s bustling financial district.
The venue is inspired by the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, or Neneveh. The moment we arrived at Ninive, we felt as though we were transported to a different and charming world.
The decor of Ninive pays homage to the rich heritage and craftsmanship of the Middle East and North Africa. It has a lush green surroundings with majlis kind of seating arrangement. The vibrant lanterns adds magic to the venue.
The breathtaking view of the Dubai skyline, the amazing music by their in-house DJ elevated our whole dining experience at Ninive.
Their menu celebrates the diversity of Arabic cuisine and serves dishes from the Gulf, Levant and North African region.
Ninive’s beverage list includes their signature cocktails, mocktails, fresh juices, wines and other spirits. They’ve a separate bar area.
We tried 4 of their signature cocktails like Orient Express, Turmeric Me, Watermelon Skinos and Fig Fashion. Each one of their signature cocktails were beautifully handcrafted and tasted fantastic.
The food menu of Ninive consists of appetizers, mains, skewers, grills and desserts. Some of the dishes we tried were:
- We started off with soup first. Shorbat Addas Soup is a healthy and flavorful soup that is enjoyed throughout Middle East and at Ninive, it was super refreshing and full of flavor.
- Marinated Olives went well with our cocktails.
- Chickpeas and Sweet Potato Salad that also had red pepper and cherry tomato was a hearty salad that was slightly spicy and sweet.
- Cheese Briwat or the stuffed cheese pastries were a treat. Make sure to order it when you visit Ninive.
- Maast O Khiar is a Persian yogurt dip with cucumber, walnuts and mint. It was simple, cool and creamy.
- Zaalouk, the Moroccan salad of cooked aubergine, tomatoes and a hint of Moroccan spices had a nice smoky flavor and velvety texture.
- We were served complimentary platter of freshly baked Arabic Bread.
- For our mains we ordered Vegetarian Tagine which had an authentic Moroccan taste and took me back to my Moroccan holidays of last year. Veggies like turnip, carrot, zucchini and chickpeas with Moroccan spices were slow cooked to perfection. They also have chicken and lobster tagine in the menu apart from classic Middle Eastern main course dishes.
- We also ordered Couscous along with the Tagine. As we are vegetarians, we didn’t try their grills and skewers.
- Time for the best part of our dinner, that is the dessert. We ordered two kinds of desserts, Almond Kunafa, Orange and Almond Sorbet and Pistachio Sarma, Vanilla Ice Cream. The Almond Kunafa which was served along with the orange and almond sorbet is the best Kunafa in Dubai, it was not heavy like it is in other restaurants. It was so tasty that, we felt like ordering another one. Pistachio Sarma, a Turkish dessert that is similar to baklava tasted heavenly. A must-try dessert for all pistachio lovers. We thoroughly enjoyed it and not many restaurants in Dubai make it. Worth ordering and worth the calories if you ask me.
Ninive is an amazing new addition to the restaurant and lounge scene in Dubai. Good food, creative drinks, flawless service, gorgeous ambience, great music and stunning view, that sums up Ninive. You want to impress your guests? Ninive is the place for you.
Phone: 04 326 6105