After a long time, I was back at one of my favorite lifestyle destinations in Dubai- Box Park. And this time to preview the new menu of Sukkar, a Khaleeji dessert concept.
Sukkar which means sugar in Arabic is the new concept from the owners of Logma and Saj & Co. Logma is my go-to restaurant in Dubai for Khaleeji cuisine. In fact Sukkar is located right next to Logma and you can also order desserts from Sukkar while you are dining at Logma.
This is what the team Sukkar has to say about their concept:
Sukkar, a concept by Logma, serves modernized Khaleeji and Emirati sweets- such as Lugaimat with a signature array of flavors and toppings- as well as other popular new-age desserts like cakes, cheesecakes, milk cakes, puffs, cookies, brownies, speciality shakes and more.
Sukkar’s twist lies in flaring most of its creations with local flavors and ingredients such as saffron, rose, pistachio and karak to name a few.
Sukkar Cafe/Restaurant is a cute little space with indoor and outdoor seating area. Apart from desserts, their menu also offers hot and cold beverages.
Some the desserts we tried were:
- Honey Vanilla Crunch is something you will not find in all dessert cafes. It has honey comb with white chocolate and this was our favorite at Sukkar. A definite must-try if you visit Sukkar.
- They’ve many varieties of milk cakes, we ordered the Rose Milk Cake. Dipped in the rose milk sauce, light whipped cream, pistachios and dried rose petals, the rose milk cake was delightful.
- Next we tried three of their mini cheesecakes in rose, blueberry and orange flavors. Each of them were different and tasty in their own way, but the blueberry cheesecake was outstanding.
- We also tried Pretzel Brownie and Raspberry Brownie which were good, especially the pretzel one.
- The newly introduced Sukkar Puffs were a bite-sized delights. They come in many delectable flavors .
- Along with the sweets, we also ordered Cafe Latte and Arabian Affogato to drink. While the Cafe Latte was okay, we didn’t like the Arabian Affogato as it had overpowering flavors.
We loved our experience at Sukkar and can’t wait to get our kids.