My current favorite dining destination in Dubai is Al Seef Street where old heritage meets the new. This fascinating district located on the shores of the creek offers a good variety of restaurants and cafes. We decided to visit ILA Café for lunch.
ILA Café is a contemporary Arabic restaurant from Cairo, Egypt which has opened its first outpost in Dubai. It offers the perfect blend of authentic and modern Arabic cuisine.
You can expect classic Lebanese bites and grills to traditional Moroccan Tajines and Egyptian specialities as well as international food offering. Their diverse menu offers something for everyone.
This is what the founder of ILA, Mr.Ayman Shaikhun has to say about the concept:
We take great pride in the quality of our food and service. All of our food is made from scratch every day and one of our greatest edges is the fact that we bake our own bread upon guest orders, allowing the aroma of fresh bread to really get you geared up to dine. We do our best to give our visitors a truly multi sensory experience with fabulous flavors and breathtaking views.
ILA Café has a trendy and modern decor that offers various kinds of seating arrangement, both indoor and outdoor. The relaxing atmosphere of ILA is a great place to meet, to rest, to catch up on work and indulge in their culinary fare.
As the weather was beautiful, we sat outdoors and ordered their refreshing and fresh Pink Lemonade and Watermelon Juice.
Their menu offers breakfast along with a range of soups, salads, mezze, grills, pizzas, sandwiches, Tagines, pastas, mains and desserts.
Some of the dishes that we ordered at ILA:
- We started with Fresh Spring Greens Salad with Beets. It was a refreshing blend of mixed greens, fresh beets, apples and walnuts.
- The Hummus was smooth and creamy. It was served along with Arabic bread.
- I’ve eaten Falafel in countless Arabic restaurants in Dubai, but the Falafel in ILA is excellent and makes it to the top of the list.
- Hearty eggplant Moussaka tasted amazing. If you are a fan of Moussaka, then you should definitely try it at ILA.
- Their homemade and handcrafted Spinach & Cheese Manouche was delectable.
- We ordered veggies in Penne Pasta with pink sauce as our main dish. It was creamy and delicious.
- To satisfy our sweet cravings, we ordered Cheese Kunafa that was served with Arabic Booza ice cream. It was the regular cheese kunafa, nevertheless it was delicious. But the sticky Booza ice cream was fantastic. And this combo together tasted divine.
- To round off, we ordered the aromatic and soothing Moroccan Tea.
Overall, we enjoyed our lunch experience at ILA Cafe. The food, the drinks, the service and the ambience is great. They also offer speciality coffee and shisha.
Phone: 04 358 5822