Couple of days ago, I had to meet a dear friend of mine and knowing her love for Turkish food, I booked our table for lunch at a Turkish restaurant. We had our lunch at Bosporus Restaurant, it was our first visit to this place.
Bosporus is a well known Turkish restaurant chain in Dubai. They’ve four outlets and we visited their newest outlet that is located in the Lower Ground Level of The Dubai Mall.
Hear what team Bosporus have to say about their concept:
Bosporus is the place to go if you want to experience Authentic Turkish Cuisine at a place near you.
With dine-in and express delivery branches across Dubai bringing Turkish food to you, look no further than the Best Turkish restaurant in downtown for a flavor straight from Taksim.
Bosporus Restaurant at The Dubai Mall is very spacious with indoor and outdoor dining area. As it was too hot outside, we sat indoors. The Turkish inspired decor of the restaurant is beautiful, elegant and colorful.
The menu at Bosporus is vast and varied. With my friend being a hardcore non vegetarian and me being a vegetarian, we didn’t know what to order. The staff of Bosporus came to our rescue as they helped us to order.
For our drinks we ordered their mocktail called Hawaii that came in a real pineapple. This drink had mixed fruit juice with small chunks of fruits and berries. It had more fruits than juice, nevertheless we liked this refreshing drink. Their beverage list is impressive and offers a lot of variety.
- We started our Turkish meal with their light and tasty Mercimek Soup(lentil soup).
- For salad, the staff had suggested us their signature salad which is the Classic Salad. It was a delicious, healthy and traditional salad with a great combination of veggies, walnuts, pomegranate and cheese. A must-try salad at Bosporus.
- Next to arrive was the gorgeous looking Mixed Appetizer Platter. It was a huge platter consisting of cold mezze dishes like hummus, babaganush, moutabel, muhammara, olive salad and chili salad with yogurt. Everything was fresh and tasted amazing. This platter is perfect for sharing between 3-4 people.
- To go with the mixed appetizer platter, we ordered Turkish Bread that was topped with black and white sesame seeds.
- For hot appetizers, we ordered the delectable Sigara Bolegi or cheese roll for me and the beef Icli Kofte for my friend.
- Pide is one of my Turkish favorites and when I saw Cheese Pide in their menu, I had to order it. Oozing with cheese, it tasted awesome. My friend ordered their Mini Lahmacun that were crispy and tangy.
My friend feasted on their meat based kebabs and dishes and here’s what she has to say about the three most loved dishes that she tried at Bosporus:
- The juicy slices of meat in the Iskender Kebab with a hint of tomato sauce took me back to Istanbul. This is one dish that I would highly recommend and would definitely order it on my next visit.
- Adana & Urfa Kebab were juicy and brought out the flavor of meat. Burgol with tomato based sauce that was served along with the kebab, complimented it well.
- Kuzu Kafes had grilled meat to perfection with table salt and zaatar powder. The combination of the chef’s showmanship and the meat cooked to perfection is worth mentioning and tasting. Must say their portions are mega sized.
While my friend enjoyed the above three dishes, I had Kumpir with veggies. Kumpir is baked potato or jacket potato with a filling. It is supposed to be a popular street food in Turkey. It was a basic dish. We also shared a well seasoned Fries with our mains.
We were already in food coma, but couldn’t stop from ordering their desserts. We relished the Baklava with ice cream and Kunefe with cream. These divine desserts are a must-try. Wish we had more space in our tummy as we couldn’t do complete justice to their desserts.
Along with the desserts, we had freshly brewed Turkish Tea.
We loved our dining experience at Bosporus. The food, the drinks, the hospitality, the service and the ambience was outstanding. This restaurant comes totally recommended.
Phone: 04 550 9256