October has been a wonderful month so far, with lot of parties, new restaurant and bar openings in Dubai. Last Thursday I was invited to the first anniversary celebration of La Môme, a homegrown French restaurant.
La Môme is a fine dining restaurant and bar offering French cuisine. It is located on the 49th Floor of Nassima Royal Hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road.
The first anniversary celebration was held for three days and talented band Le Presidents from French Riviera performed for all the three days.
When we entered La Môme on Thursday night, the place was busy and buzzing. We were escorted to our table next to the window. The stunning view of the city looked magical in the night. If you ever dine at La Môme, I would suggest you to ask for a table next to the window when booking a table. You will be mesmerized by the spectacular view.
I love all things vintage and naturally loved the retro-theme of 1950’s and 60’s that is reflected in the interiors of La Môme. La Môme is inspired by the nickname of iconic French singer Edith Piaf.
The spacious restaurant has a bar area and a dining area. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. It perfectly highlights ‘La joie de vivre’ or joy of living which captured the mindset and spirit of post Second World War France.
While we were going through their new and elegant menu, we were served a basket of freshly baked Bread and Butter.
The menu offers good variety, but for vegetarians like me, the choice is limited. I want to suggest to the restaurant management to add more vegetarian dishes in the menu.
Here’s the list of food that we ordered:
- For starters we ordered crisp and moreish French Fries.
- We also ordered Baby Spinach & Goat Cheese Salad. The salad was light and not that great. There was more spinach than any other ingredient, we felt like we were eating leaves. We hardly got any goat cheese. This salad needs a major improvement.
- For main course, we ordered Truffle Fregola which was amazing. The creamy and utterly delicious Truffle Fregola had fresh veggies in it. If you like risotto, you’ll love Fregola.
- With our main course dish, we ordered two side dishes- Mashed Potatoes and Creamy Spinach. The mashed potatoes was the regular kind that you will find in most of the restaurants. The creamy spinach was really good.
- To end our meal, we ordered a dessert – Mango & Coconut Tart. It was rich, flavorful and tasted oh-so-good.
Overall, we had a great time at La Môme. The uber cool staff were awesome, though the place was packed to full capacity, they were always on their toes to attend to their guests. And the band Le Presidents were beyond amazing, they performed a repertoire of modern and classical tunes.
Along with the service and music, the food, the drinks, the ambience and the view made it a night to remember. La Môme… Je reviendrai!
For reservations call: 04 308 0470
Timings: Open every day for dinner between 7:30pm-12am