Yesterday I was invited by the prestigious Time Out Dubai magazine to attend the Iftar at Ewaan Ramadan Tent at the Palace Downtown. It was a lovely evening in a beautiful setting with lots of delicious food. It was my first Iftar buffet this Ramadan.
Ewaan Ramadan Tent has the stellar distinction of presenting their most popular Ramadan Tent. At Ewaan, you can journey through the magnificence of Arabian heritage.
Ewaan is an all-day-dining restaurant at the Palace Downtown that offers authentic Arabic and Oriental dishes. It’s where a generous Arabic buffet is served over Iftar and Suhoor, while live Oud harmonies played during Suhoor fill the air with a sense of enchantment.
Our table had the Iftar essentials like Dates and Nuts. We were also offered fresh juices, soft drinks and Ramadan drinks.
Ewaan offers one of the most extensive buffets in Dubai. You can expect a huge feast. They offer a wide range of salads, starters, cold mezze, hot mezze, mains and desserts.
- Lentil Soup is my favorite and I always start my Iftar with this simple and tasty soup.
- Loved the fresh salads-They had both Arabic and international salads.
- In the cold mezze section, I loved the hummus, moutabel and baba ganoush the most.
- Falafel, cheese roll and spinach fatayer were some of the stand-out starters.
- There was a huge selection of grills.
- For mains there were a variety of lamb, chicken, beef and fish based curries.
- The Lamb Ouzi was the main highlight of the buffet.
- The barbecue station seemed to be a big hit with everyone. It had skewers upon skewers of meat, fish, lobster and chicken Kababs.
- There was a separate section for international dishes too, where the chefs were making pasta, noodles etc on the spot.
- The dessert section was fantastic, it had all the Ramadan sweet treats plus western sweets too. Their Umm Ali was one of the best that I’ve tried in Dubai.
- We ended our amazing Iftar with a refreshing pot of Moroccan tea.
We enjoyed the Iftar at Ewaan, the food, the service and the ambience was great. The only downside was that, it was too crowded .
For reservations call: 04 428 7951
Iftar timings: From sunset till 9pm
Price: AED 255 per person(including water, Ramadan drinks and hot beverages)
Its 50% off for children below 12 years and children below 6 are free.
Suhoor timings: 10pm till late in the morning
Buffet price: AED 170 per person
Single flavor: AED 100
Double flavor: AED 110