I want to scream in delight, yay I finally made it to Pots, Pans & Boards, it was on my must-visit restaurant list forever. And if you have not visited this place then I recommend you to do it immediately. Let me tell you why this quirky eatery is my current favorite.
This concept is visualized and brought to Dubai by the two Michelin stars, British chef Tom Aikens.
Pots, Pans & Boards is located in the culinary hub of The Beach in JBR. It is a casual dining restaurant with a relaxed and rustic atmosphere.
The decor is quirky, earthy and homey with an open kitchen concept. Its a family friendly restaurant with large communal tables and comfortable sofas. The dining area will remind you of a huge kitchen in an European farmhouse.
The restaurant offers an indoor and outdoor dining space with a beautiful sea view.
The menu is European with a Middle Eastern touch. Its an all day dining restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I visited Pots, Pans & Boards during lunch time. As it was a very sunny afternoon, I wanted to drink something cool and ordered their Apple elderflower & mint sparkle. Can’t tell you how refreshing it was. This mocktail was served in a rustic brass mug.
We were offered complimentary Sourdough bread with Homemade butter. The bread was warm and freshly baked.
Being a vegetarian, I ordered only the veg dishes. We ordered a variety of dishes from their Small Plates section of the menu.
- Ice packed gordal olives- They were plump, firm and big in size with fresh flavor.
- Cheesy polenta fries & truffle dip- They were crispy on the outside, soft and melting on the inside. Comfort food at its best.
- Veg Tempura, sour cream & pecorino- Crispy veg Tempura lathered with pecorino cheese was served with sour cream. Loved the salty and tangy taste of pecorino in the tempura.
From the Chef’s favorite section of the menu, we ordered:
- Rosemary roasted peppers- we loved the smoky flavor of this light and tasty dish.
- Ratatouille-The Ratatouille at Pots, Pans & Boards is one of the top contenders for the best Ratatouille in Dubai.
For the main course, we ordered the Classic Mac & Cheese which was served in a huge pan. It had a blend of Parmesan, gruyère and cheddar cheese. This pasta was creamy, heavy and delicious.
Our dessert was the incredible tasting Sticky toffee pudding & date ice cream. This classic British dessert was super moist and it was covered in an amazingly rich toffee sauce. A must-try dessert at Pots, Pans & Boards.
We ended our lunch with a hot cup of freshly brewed Cappuccino.
What a wonderful dining experience it was! The food, the drinks, the service and the atmosphere was fabulous. I can’t wait to visit them again. Already made plans for weekend breakfast with my family.
Phone: 04 456 1959