Good food is not necessarily served only in fancy restaurants, small restaurants that are totally frills free can also offer great food. Ichikura is one of those small restaurants that I came across recently and I was really surprised by the food offering. Authentic and delicious Japanese food that is reasonably priced.
Ichikura is the first Japanese Ramen House in Dubai. Located in the Metro Link, Food Court of Ibn Batutta Mall, it’s menu mainly focuses on Ramen. It also offers sushi, sashimi and few other dishes.
Ichikura’s chef is Japanese, so you can expect authentic Japanese food. I liked the fact that Ichikura offered many vegetarian dishes unlike other Japanese restaurants in Dubai. I found at least one vegetarian dish in every category.
As the restaurant is situated in a food court, it does not have much of an ambience to speak of. It is a good place to grab a bite while you are shopping in the mall or take away/delivery.
- We begin our dinner with couple of appetizers like Edamame and Agedashi Tofu. Edamame is the boiled young soybeans that doesn’t require lot of effort to cook where as the Agedashi Tofu was crisp and had a melt-in-your mouth quality to it. The Tofu was topped with savory dashi sauce.
- Next, we had the Miso Soup, the traditional Japanese soup that was delicious and refreshing.
- For sushi, we ordered the Veggie Uramaki. It was a delectable sushi roll with mango, cucumber and creamy avocado.
- We liked the crispy Tempura too. It was served along with a dipping sauce.
- The picture of Yakisoba in their menu looked so good that we had to order it. And I am glad that we did, as it was amazing. It was a grilled noodles prepared with veggies and thick homemade sauce.
- Yes, it was time for our Ramen now. They have one veggie option for Ramen-Yasai Kare. It is a hearty bowl of hot soup and fresh noodles served with mushrooms and veggies. Real taste of Japan in a bowl.
For dessert they serve the popular sweet Mochi, but unfortunately it was not available when we visited them.
We had a good dining experience at Ichikura. Good Japanese food that does not leave a dent in your wallet.
Phone: 04 442 8126