My new year started with visiting new restaurants in Dubai. There is an interesting mix of new restaurants that have opened in Dubai from American, South American to Arabic, Indian and Japanese. Motomachi Restaurant & Patisserie is one of the new restaurants that I reviewed recently.
Located in Dubai Festival City, Motomachi Restaurant & Patisserie is an authentic Japanese restaurant that has Japanese staff and chefs. It offers us a complete Japanese experience when it comes to food, service and atmosphere.
Named after a district in Yokohama-Japan, Motomachi restaurant transports you to an aesthetically done sushi restaurant in one of the bustling cities of Japan.
The Japanese inspired decor is elegant and minimalistic. The wooden furniture, authentic Japanese tableware and colorful kimonos adorning the walls of the restaurants enhances the dining experience. The restaurant is spacious and also offers an outdoor dining area with a good view.
Their food menu consists of most of the Japanese essentials like maki, temaki, sushi, sashimi, ramen and more. The food menu is great for non vegetarians and seafood lovers, but vegetarians have a limited choice.
- Pri Kara Edamame or the boiled soya beans with spicy sauce is a simple dish and you cannot go wrong with that.
- Kizami Salad had a medley of 11 finely chopped vegetables dressed with avocado, lime and wasabi. It was a tasty and hearty salad.
- Yasai Kakiage or 5 kinds of vegetables tempura was crisp and delicious.
- Satumaimo Age or the fried sweet potato was sweet and absolutely irresistible.
- Nasu Dengaku is the grilled eggplant dressed with sakyo miso. Tender long Japanese eggplant was grilled and glazed with miso. It had a creamy texture and smoky flavor. We loved it.
- Yasai or vegetable roll was the maki that we ordered. It had avocado, asparagus, cucumber, carrot, lettuce and mayonnaise. It wasn’t that great.
For desserts, we had their signature Motomachi Cheesecake and Matcha Parfait. The Cheesecake was soft, light and moist. And comes totally recommended, Where as the Matcha Parfait is a matcha lovers delight. It had layers of matcha and vanilla ice cream with matcha cake.
Overall, we had a good experience. My only request for them is to introduce more vegetarian dishes, especially for main course.
Phone: 04 288 1881
Restaurant Timings: 12 noon to 10pm