I was invited to dine at a new restaurant with a very interesting name-Bean There Bistro. It is the newest concept of Abela & Co. Bean There Bistro is a casual dining restaurant or bistro that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are a licensed restaurant, so you can expect great drinks too.
Located in the Ground Level of the New Extension of Millennium Airport Hotel, Bean There Bistro is a charming little place. The rustic and earthy decor itself can make me come back again. One side of the restaurant has a self irrigated green wall with leafy green plants attached to it.
The place is tastefully done up in light hues of oak wood and green. The colorful and vibrant picture frames adds quirky charm to the place. The whole set up is cosy and comfy. Loved the wooden bar counter and the unique chandelier. They also offer outdoor dining space and Shisha.
Bean There Bistro has an internationally inspired menu, that is simple and straight to the point. I liked the fact that they offered good vegetarian choices along with the non vegetarian options.
Apart from hot beverage choices like coffee, tea and hot chocolate, they also serve cold beverages like fresh fruit juices, mocktails, cocktails, soft drinks, wine and other spirits.
Coming to the food, we sampled all their vegetarian dishes in their menu.
- We started off with the super healthy and tasty, steamed Edamame.
- Crispy and hot Vegetable Pakoras with mint chutney was non greasy and delicious.
- Quinoa & French Lentil had a delectable mix of roasted carrots, red onions, dried berries and chopped spinach that was tossed in Bistro vinaigrette and served on a bed of greens.
- Marinated Beet & Goat Cheese was another salad that I liked. The grapefruit and oranges added a tangy and juicy flavor to it. And the pistachios gave it a crunchy twist.
- Caprese Ciabatta had fresh tomatoes and Mozarella with basil pesto, aged balsamic on grilled ciabatta bread. It was served with seasoned fries.
- The Bean There was my favorite sandwich, it was an open Halloumi and moutabel sandwich with watercress, mint and chilli. This sandwich is a definite must-try at Bean There Bistro.
- Linguine Alfredo was absolutely fantastic. Linguine pasta came in a creamy white sauce with mushrooms and Parmesan cheese.
- Penne Con Tomate Fresca was a bit of a letdown as the sauce was on the sweeter side.
We were also served a vegetarian version of the Travellers Chicken. It was a marriage of flavors and we relished it.
- We were served Trio of Desserts in a Cup-Italian Rice Pudding, Chocolate Mousse Cup and Mango Panna Cotta. Each of the dessert cup was deliciously different and rich. Wish I had enough space in my tummy to do justice to these sweet treats.
- Red Velvet Cake is their signature dessert and comes totally recommended. It had a smooth texture and it was super moist and spongy. A Red Velvet Cake to warm your heart.
Overall, we had an amazing experience. The food, the drinks, the service and the ambience is great.
For reservations and more info call: 04 702 8735