Recently, I was invited to a ‘Bloggers Night’ at Joey’s Mediterranean & Seafood Restaurant. It was a great night with live music, delectable food, good cocktails and lively atmosphere. As I was asked to get my friends along, I rounded up couple of my friends and landed at Joey’s at 8 in the night.
Located in Century Village at Garhoud, Joey’s offers Mediterranean food. They serve a good variety of seafood too. Their food menu is small and sleek, makes it easy to order. Joey’s drinks menu is impressive with a wide range of cocktails, mocktails, wines and other spirits.
The decor of Joey’s is beautiful-tastefully done up in white and blue, it reminds me of a Greek taverna in one of those gorgeous Greek islands. Loved the cosy seating area, paintings of Greece on the walls and dim lighting. It is a perfect set-up to hang out with family and friends.
Joey’s offers both indoor and outdoor dining space. The outdoor dining area is cute, I would love to come back in winter for al fresco dining. On that night, there was live music, which enhanced our dining experience.
We started off with a round of drinks. We were offered Blueberry Fizz and White Wine Sangria. Both our drinks were light, refreshing and tasty. We also tried a vodka based cocktail called The Mediterranean Current and it was amazing.
Here’s a list of the dishes we tried:
Being a vegetarian, I tried all the vegetarian food and my friends enjoyed the Seafood Platter.
- Greek Salad was freshly made and had the authentic taste.
- Quinoa Salad had avocado, pomegranate, sweet corn, pine nuts, parsley, shallots and garlic in a lemon honey dressing. It was fantastic.
- Cherry Tomato Bruschetta was served along with basil mayo. We liked it.
- Zucchini Halloumi Fritters was served with the popular Greek dip/sauce Tzatziki. We would have liked it better, if it was more crispier. The Tzatziki was perfect.
- Fritto Misto had small nibbles of coated seafood, served with a basil mayo. My friends really enjoyed this starter.
- Tempura King Prawns was served with Chili jam. The batter was thickly coated and not flaky. They felt that it would’ve been great if the prawns were deep fried in a light batter.
- Spinach Rolls were excellent. Filo pastry sheets filled with spinach and feta cheese were rolled and fried to crisp perfection. It was served with Tzatziki dip.
- Seafood Platter had a huge portion of King prawns, Mussels, Calamari and Cod Fillet. It was served with 4 types of dippings. It was a seafood lovers delight. My friends enjoyed the seafood platter.
Overall, we had a wonderful dining experience. The food, the drinks, the service and the ambience was good. Very soon, Joey’s will be opening a second outlet in Sheikh Zayed Road.
For Reservations call: 04 273 7707