When it comes to Chinese restaurants in Dubai, there is a plethora of options. But there are a very few restaurants that really standout. As I am not a huge fan of Chinese cuisine, I visit only a few of the tried and tested places. When I got an invitation to dine at Blue Sapphire Chinese Restaurant, I didn’t expect much. But what a pleasant surprise it was! Not only did it offer good Chinese food, it was pocket friendly too.
Located at the Platinum Tower, Cluster I in JLT, Blue Sapphire Chinese Restaurant offers Chinese cuisine in a bright and cheerful setting. The restaurant boasts of a lakeside view. It offers indoor and outdoor dining area. The al fresco dining area is a good option to dine during winter.
Blue Sapphire Chinese Restaurant is a mid-sized restaurant and it can easily seat more than 45 people. The decor of the restaurant has a typical Chinese look-bright red colored Chinese lanterns, comfortable seating, Chinese paintings and wall hangings.
After being seated in a cosy corner, we immediately ordered our drinks. My husband had fresh Orange Juice and I had their signature Iced Tea. Both our drinks were refreshing.
The Chinese food at Blue Sapphire Chinese Restaurant is Indian inspired. Their menu is elaborate and offers a wide array of soups, starters, mains, sizzlers, rice and noodles. Undoubtedly, meat eaters and seafood lovers are offered a great variety, but vegetarians won’t be disappointed either. On request they will make the dishes that are not in the menu.
We ditched the soups as we had a refill of our drinks and directly ordered the food.
• Crispy Babycorn was batter fried to perfection and tasted crisp and slightly spicy.
• Veg Dimsum is one of my favorite dish and I always order it whenever I visit a Chinese restaurant. At Blue Sapphire they make both steamed and pan fried dimsum. We ordered the steamed one, it was good. It was served along with a special dumpling sauce.
• Crispy Fried Vegetables & Crispy Spinach was fantastic. The batter fried crispy vegetables tossed with their special Chinese sauce was full of taste and flavor. For the crispy spinach, fresh spinach was roasted with salt and pepper and garnished with white sesame seeds.
We were served a variety of their own special sauces to go with the starters.
• Blue Sapphire Vegetables was made with garden fresh veggies that were diced and cooked with Hunan sauce. The crunchy veggies in the sauce had well balanced flavors.
• Vegetable Manchurian was great. This ever popular Chinese dish is such a delight to have with vegetable fried rice.
• Blue Sapphire Szechwan Veg Rice is their own special creation. It was a mix of rice, noodles, crispy noodles with wok fried veggies in spicy sauce. It was excellent and a must-try dish in Blue Sapphire.
• Garlic Fried Rice was bland. It would have been better with more garlic and chilli added to it.
• Darsaan With Ice Cream was another winner. Thick stir fried noodles was drenched with honey and garnished with sesame seeds and served along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
A perfect Chinese meal always ends with a freshly brewed Jasmine Tea. Thus we ended our meal with a cup of exotic and soothing Jasmine tea.
We enjoyed our dining experience at the Blue Sapphire Chinese Restaurant. We liked the fact that they keep introducing new dishes every now and then. They do not use MSG or excessive oil in any of their dishes. You can expect good food, good service and welcoming atmosphere.
For delivery call: 04 451 5552
For more info, visit their website: http://www.bluesapphirechinese.com
P.S: Thanks to lovely Shanaz of TheShazWorld for inviting us.