Sharjah Food Festival was first launched in 2007, and it has grown significantly since then. It was my first time at the Sharjah Food Festival. The 10th edition of the Food Festival was held over a period of 10 days from March 31st to April 9th, 2016.
Sharjah Food Festival was previously held solely in Al Qasba, due to it’s popularity over the years, it was held in four of Sharjah’s tourist destinations-Al Qasba, Al Majaz Waterfront, Al Montazah and Heart of Sharjah.
The 10th edition of Sharjah Food Festival was launched under the slogan ‘Many Flavors, One Festival’.
This year’s Sharjah Food Festival featured a programme of entertaining events, kids activities and cooking competitions, designed to suit people of all ages. The participation of regional and international celebrity chefs added an interesting dimension to the festival.
As an invitee, I spent an evening at their Al Majaz Waterfront location. It was a great way to celebrate my love for food. It was a family friendly venue with exciting live entertainment including international street performers. There was a kids play area, live cooking demonstration, food trucks and various food kiosks.
• CaliBurger- They serve amazing burgers, fries and shakes.
• Burger Joint-Their Chocolate Brownie Milkshake and Lotus Biscoff Milkshake was excellent. The Veggie Burger was also good.
• Papa Pingo Cafe-This cafe offered delicious drinks, delectable sweets and savories. I fell in love with their mascot-a cute little penguin.
• Mini Pancakes- It was delightful to have freshly made mini pancakes at this kiosk.
• Mutabal Restaurant- This restaurant is a new addition to Sharjah’s dining scene and it serves tasty Arabic food. I sampled the Egyptian dish Koshari, it was excellent.
• Kono Pizza- It was time to fix my pizza craving and I went over to the Kono Pizza-food truck, to get myself a pizza cone. Try and catch this food truck offering pizza in a cone, as they drive all across UAE.
• Saralicious- My final stop was at Saralicious, a bakery concept from Ajman. They were offering a wide range of bakes and sweets. I tried some of their cookies, chocolate truffles, chocolates and other sweets. They were yummy.
The atmosphere was lively and festive. The variety of food offering was good. I can’t wait to come back again to the next edition of Sharjah Food Festival.