Glad that vegan and healthy food is thriving in UAE lately. Many vegan and healthy food cafes are springing up all over the country and some of the restaurants are adding vegan options in their menu.
Recently Shakespeare and Co, the popular homegrown concept launched a new menu with diverse vegan options, breakfast specialties and refreshing drinks in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Northern Emirates.
We visited their spacious and gorgeous The Village Mall branch in Jumeirah, Dubai for lunch and tried the latest menu. Oozing vintage vibes the charming Village Mall branch is their first venue in UAE.
Before we ordered the food, we had two of their new drinks- Green Mist Booster and Berry-Lycheeous. Both the drinks were healthy, tasty and refreshing.
Some of the new dishes in the menu that we ordered were:
- Warm Lentil Bowl is definitely the star of the new menu. It is a comforting and flavorsome dish that is not to be missed.
- We should have given Burrito Bowl a miss as we found it quite heavy and bland. I didn’t like the cold rice in the burrito bowl as I prefer hot rice in my burrito.
- Next we had the Cauli-Taco, a crispy cauliflower filling in a soft taco shell which was utterly delicious.
- Vegan Grilled Cheese Sandwich was a wholesome and nutritious sandwich with spinach and vegan cheese that was grilled to perfection.
- Rainbow Pad Thai looked colorful and exotic with a medley of veggies, gluten free fettuccine noodles, sautéed vegan protein bites, roasted peanuts, cilantro, spring onions, sesame oil and garlic soy sauce. It packed a flavorful punch.
- The antioxidant-rich Açaí Bowl was delicious and moreish. It is good for breakfast or dessert, we had it as a dessert.
- After lunch we ordered two new hot beverages from their menu – Red Velvet Latte and Spanish Latte. They’ve also introduced lactose free and almond milk options for coffee.
The new menu at Shakespeare and Co does not disappoint and there is something for everyone. The vegan options are not only healthy and nutritious, they’re delicious too. My next visit will be to try their new breakfast specialties.