New day, new restaurant and this time we visited The Springs Souk Mall situated in the heart of The Springs community to have lunch at the newly opened Xenia Cafe & Lounge. Having heard good reviews from my friends, we were looking forward to our lunch.
Xenia is a contemporary Arabic and Middle Eastern Restaurant and their menu also features international cuisine. They are also a popular Shisha joint. This outlet is their second one in Dubai, the first branch is located in Ibn Battuta Mall.
Their venue at Springs Souk is big and spacious with indoor and outdoor seating area. The retro-inspired decor of Xenia is charming, vibrant and lovely. It is a great place to visit with family and friends.
We started off with two refreshing mocktails- Kale and Kiwi Cucumber Mojito. Their drinks menu offers a good variety of cold and hot beverages.
Xenia has a tempting breakfast menu too. But as it was lunch time, we ordered from their lunch/dinner menu. Their menu offers everything in between soups, salads, appetizers to grills, sandwiches, pasta ouzi and mains.
Some of the dishes we ordered were:
- Cappuccino Mushroom, a wild mushroom soup with garlic, thyme, fresh cream and espresso that was served with crispy garlic bread. We absolutely loved the nourishing and comforting soup. It is a must-try for all mushroom lovers.
- Next we had the Fig Salad. Though the salad was light and fresh, we felt that they should have reduced the amount of basil-vinaigrette dressing, as we found it too overpowering.
- We loved their creative take on Vine Leaves Sushi Style. Not only the presentation, the flavors were exquisite too.
- Xenia’s House Platter that consisted of grilled halloumi skewers with cherry tomatoes, tabbouleh, hummus and black olives was one of the standout platters that we tried. This is one platter that you cannot miss when you visit Xenia.
- Their menu has the option of pizza as well as manakeesh. We opted for the Cheese Manakeesh, it had mixed cheese and was baked to perfection.
- Penne Pasta with pink sauce was our main course. It was served with garlic bread. The pasta was of regular kind that we find in most of the restaurants and cafes.
- Though we were full, we still craved for something sweet. So for dessert we ordered Othmaliyah Ice Cream. It had layers of Othmaliyah pastry filled with Arabic Mastic ice cream. What a delicious treat!
- We ended our lunch with a pot of aromatic and relaxing Moroccan Mint Tea.
Our lunch experience at Xenia was good. If we are in that part of town, we will definitely visit again.