Last Friday, we were in the Dubai Marina neighborhood visiting some friends. And after that we wanted to have a quick dinner and head out to watch a movie. That’s how we discovered Itsu Sushi.
Itsu Sushi is one of the many restaurants that is located in Marina Walk in Dubai Marina. They also have an outlet in Palm Jumeirah. Itsu Sushi in Dubai is not related to the highly popular London sushi chain.
As the name suggests, Itsu Sushi is a sushi restaurant, in the middle of the restaurant is a conveyor-belt-sushi-bar. Apart from sushi, their menu offers many other dishes.
The decor of the restaurant is simple and minimalistic. The main highlight of the decor is the overhead hanging bamboo lights. Its a cozy place with comfortable seating area.
Their menu in extensive, but limited for vegetarians like me. Here is the list of few of the dishes that we ordered:
- Started off with two of their drinks- Minty Lemon that was super refreshing and Pomegranate Soda that was extremely sweet.
- As our appetizer, we ordered steamed Edamame with salt.
- Kakiage Tempura was the next appetizer that we ordered. It had a medley of julienne cut veggies coated in tempura batter and deep fried. The tempura was crisp and delicious.
- We ordered two of their Veg Maki Rolls– Cucumber and Avocado. Both the maki rolls were fresh and tasty.
- Tofu Teppanyaki is the only vegetarian main course in their menu and naturally we ordered it. It was the stand-out dish of our meal at Itsu and it was served with stir fried veggies. The crunchy tofu was extremely tasty and addictive.
- The veg Ramen with mixed veggies, broth and Udon noodles was a bit disappointing as it had no flavor or taste.
- As a matcha lover I had to order Matcha Waffle as my dessert. It was too soft and not crisp at all, but tasted great.
My overall experience at Itsu Sushi was okay. The service was a bit slow, though they were fully staffed.