I am so glad that summer season has come to an end and the weather is getting cooler. And that means Dubai’s much loved Friday brunch is back after a short summer break. I’ll be checking out some of the best brunches in the city and this Friday I visited one of the most exciting brunch.
St. Regis Polo Brunch happens every Friday from 12:30pm to 4pm and it is a combination of their all-day-dining restaurant Andalucia and Grill Pit. And what was so unique and exciting about this brunch was that we got to watch the majestic sport of Polo after the brunch.
The winning combination of a sumptuous brunch and Polo match made it a truly memorable afternoon. St. Regis Polo Brunch offers three kinds of packages and we opted for brunch with house beverages.
The property is beautiful and regal. Surrounded by lush green Polo fields, the resort looks stunning. Both Andalucia and the Grill Pit have distinctively different decor. The buffet is spread across both the restaurants.
As soon as we entered the gorgeous hallway of Andalucia, we felt like we were transported to an opulent palace in 18th century Europe. You have the option of sitting indoor or outdoor, and we sat indoor.
The drinks are served to your table and you have to pick up the food from their buffet and live cooking station. Upon entering the venue, we were welcomed with a drink at the entrance. And our wine glasses kept filling up after we opted for the soft beverage package.
We loved the huge spread of dishes that was offered at the brunch. Here’s a list of some of the buffet selection that we liked:
- As a health conscious person, loved their salad spread that consisted of healthy offering. There was International salads as well as Mediterranean inspired salads.
- Freshly made cold mezze was delightful.
- There was a good variety of cold cuts and seafood.
- Cheese and bread selection was amazing.
- The buffet had a range of appetizers. Our favorites were the empanadas, cheese rolls and fatayer.
- Their live grilling station offered Argentinian style of meat that was grilled to perfection.
- Not to be missed is their Paella. They also had a ceviche bar.
- They also had a separate area for various international main course dishes.
- For me the best part of the buffet was their fresh pasta section. I absolutely loved their fresh ravioli and other kinds of pasta that I tried. Next to the pasta station was the Foie gras station.
- The best section of the Friday brunch buffet was undoubtedly the dessert section. We were spoilt for choice with numerous selection of cakes, pastries, puddings and hot desserts. Pistachio Opera Cake, Strawberry éclair, Panna Cotta, Macaroons and Sago with coconut were some of the desserts that stood out.
Overall, the St. Regis Polo Brunch was good. Loved the selection of fresh, delicious and flavorful food and drinks. The service, the music and the atmosphere was great too.
Call: +971 56 545 8391
Timings: Every Friday from 12:30pm-4pm
Price: AED 295 per person (soft beverages)
AED 395 per person (house beverages)
AED 495 per person (premium beverages/bubbly)
P. S. The rates may vary during major tournaments. So do check with them in advance before booking.