I had never been a fan of Lebanese cuisine, but after visiting many authentic Lebanese restaurants in Dubai over a course of 5-6 years, now I love Lebanese food. Recently I came across a wonderful Lebanese restaurant called Baydar.
This restaurant is located in Level 1 of Al Barsha Mall. Baydar has simple, modern and elegant interiors. The seating area is comfortable and cosy. The window seating area has the beautiful view of the city. The restaurant is bright and has an inviting atmosphere.
Here’s what team Baydar has to say about their concept:
Baydar is a Lebanese restaurant, serving homemade fare inspired by time-honored recipes. It’s relaxed and casual approach is ideal for your family and friends to experience an array of Lebanese food. The menu is comprised of Mezzes combined with the colors, aromas, flavors and textures of authentic main dishes such as meat arayes, Shish kebabs and Shish Tawouk. It not only offers great food and service, but also keeps in mind, value for money.
Having visited and after trying their dishes, I totally agree with what they have to say.
After being seated, we ordered our drinks- Avocado Juice and Watermelon Juice. Both the drinks were freshly made and tasted great. Baydar also offers fruit and herb infused Detox Water for free. How cool is that!
Baydar’s menu offers good options for vegetarians and non vegetarians. The menu is simple and precise, it consists of cold and hot mezze, kebabs, kebab sandwiches, Manakish, side dishes, desserts and beverages.
Being a vegetarian, we ordered only the vegetarian dishes. Here’s what we ordered:
- Fattoush -Lebanon’s most favorite salad. It was crunchy, juicy and tasty.
- Rocca zaatar- This salad was refreshing, fragrant and light.
- Hummus- This popular Levantine dip was super creamy, smooth and delicious.
- Moutabal- One of my favorite cold mezze dish is the Moutabal, and the Moutabal at Baydar was amazing. It had that great smoky flavor and tasted absolutely delicious.
- Kebbeh stuffed with olives- Whenever I visit a Lebanese restaurant in Dubai, it is difficult to find a vegetarian Kebbeh. I was delighted to find Potato Kebbeh stuffed with olives in Baydar. This dish is a definite must-try.
- Cheese Rekak- Loved the Cheese Rekak or the cheese rolls. Another must-try dish for all cheese lovers.
- Batata Harra- The golden-fried potato, that was crisp with well-balanced flavor was addictive.
- Spinach Manakish- Baydar has a wide range of Manakish that is freshly baked in-house. We ordered the Spinach Manakish that was delectable.
- Basket of Bread- We were also served a basket of freshly baked bread that was hot and just out of the oven.
For dessert we ordered:
- Chocolate Brownie- Their Chocolate Brownie came covered with cream and topped with bits of walnut. It was extremely delicious.
- Trio of Desserts in a Platter- It consisted of Rice pudding, Mango Panna Cotta and Chocolate Mousse. I liked the rice pudding and Panna Cotta, but I am not a fan of chocolate mousse, hence I didn’t like it.
Our overall experience was fantastic. The food, the drinks, the ambience and the service was great. Definitely a restaurant, I want to come back again.
Phone: 04 385 0144 (free delivery)