I rarely venture to Deira part of the city, but last week I made a plan with my little girl to visit Yakitate Japanese Boutique Bakery and Cafe. I’ve been wanting to visit this bakery since forever and yay! I finally visited them.
Yakitate is part of the unique dining district concept in Al Ghurair Centre. The dining district is a new foodie destination in town that offers amazing culinary options. Its an outdoor space that features dining outlets with various kinds of cuisine.
Here’s what they have to say about themselves:
Our renowned boutique from Dubai delights the senses with award-winning Japanese food and it proudly unveils a new generation concept “You can’t just eat one.” That’s right. The state-of-the-art Yakitate concept will alter the way food-lovers see, feel, and smell food, all in a distinctive setting which boasts contemporary furnishings and finishes atop the bakery’s sleek architecture.
When we stepped inside the bakery on a weekday evening, the place was packed and we had to wait for few minutes to be seated. A great variety of Japanese bread, cakes, Mochi ice cream, cute looking character buns and desserts are displayed on the shelves of the bakery.
Apart from the bakery products, Yakitate also offers breakfast, lunch and small bites like edamame, ebi fry, chicken Gyoza etc. Their sushi and Ramen burgers also seemed to be popular. They also have an impressive selection of hot and cold beverages.
From their bakery section, we ordered:
- Cocoa Bear- Cocoa soft dough filled with chocolate cream cheese.
- Mayo Cheese- Sweet dough filled with two types of cheese and Japanese Mayo.
- Banana Butterscotch- Sweet soft dough filled with fresh banana, custard and butterscotch. (Not in the picture)
- Chocolate Banana Cruffin- Croissant dough in muffin shape filled with chocolate and banana custard, topped with fresh banana and dusted with custard sugar.
- Fluffy and moist Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake.
- Mochi in two flavors- White peach and green tea.
We loved each and everything that we tried. It reminded us, of our delicious breakfast in Japanese bakeries on our Japan trip last summer. Our absolute favorites were banana butterscotch, chocolate banana cruffin and the Japanese Soufflé cheesecake.
Our experience at Yakitate was wonderful. The food, the drinks, the service and the atmosphere was fabulous. The pricing is reasonable. All those fancy looking bakery products were priced under AED 12.
I can’t wait to visit Yakitate again.
Phone: 04 255 5161
Timings: 8:30am-12am daily