Last Friday, my family and I wanted to visit a new place for breakfast and our search led us to Simit Sarayi. Dubai has many Turkish restaurants, but very few Turkish bakeries and cafes. I am glad that the famous Simit Sarayi chain has opened in the city.
Located in Dubai’s hip and happening dining and shopping destination- City Walk, Simit Sarayi is a Turkish bakery and cafe offering Simit (sesame bagels) and various other authentic Turkish treats.
About Simit Sarayi
First established in 2002 with a single store in Turkey, Simit Sarayi now has hundreds of stores in Turkey and worldwide. The City Walk outlet in Dubai, is its first foray in UAE.
Open from early morning till late in the night, Simit Sarayi is a great place for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
As we walked in for late breakfast at the cafe, the place was busy and buzzy. We loved the bright and cheerful cafe with cosy and comfy setting. Simit Sarayi also offers an outdoor dining area. Its a family friendly cafe.
For breakfast, apart from Simit bread, it also offers pastries, bakery products, cookies, eggs and breakfast set menu. Everything is prepared freshly in-house.
If you think Turkish food is only about kebabs and sweets, you will change your perspective when you visit Simit Sarayi. They offer you so many options that you will be spoilt for choice.
- We ordered Potato Borek and Cheese Borek. Borek is a baked pastry made of a thin flaky dough known as phyllo. It comes in various stuffing and we had the potato and the cheese ones. Both the variety of Borek were tasty and crispy.
- Next we ordered Acma in two flavors- Olives and Cheese. Acma is a Turkish style soft bagel. It can be savoury or sweet. We loved both the Olives and Cheese Acma, its perfect for breakfast.
- How can we not order Simit? It was pure joy to break the freshly baked Simit topped with sesame seeds and dunk into the in-house jams, cheese and slices of fresh veggies.
- Their breakfast set menu comes with tea. And they offer breakfast favorites like- Egg Soujouk, Menemen and Egg Kavurma. We ordered Menemen, Turkish scrambled eggs with tomatoes, peppers and cheese. This one-pan dish was amazingly tasty.
- While hubby and I enjoyed their well brewed Turkish Tea served in slim-waisted elegant glasses, the kids enjoyed their fresh Pomegranate Juice and Lemonade.
- We also sampled their Homemade Cookies in three flavors- Fig, Chocolate and Apple. It was oh-so-yummy.
- We ended our breakfast with light and super delicious White Chocolate Éclair.
We had a wonderful dining experience at Simit Sarayi. The food, the drinks, the service and the atmosphere was great. The pricing is affordable. Simit Sarayi is a great place for food-on-the-go or for a quick bite and also for a relaxed meal.
Phone: 04 343 8004
Timings: 8am-12am daily (do call them to find out about their Ramadan timing)
Location: Boulevard 11A-2, City Walk-Dubai,UAE