Yalumba the award winning restaurant in Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, recently had a cool new makeover. Yalumba is famous for it’s brunch and it also has theme nights. Last week, I visited them for a Mediterranean Theme Night that happens every Monday.
Located at the Lobby Level of the hotel, Yalumba sports an elegant, modern and classy look. The restaurant is spacious with indoor and outdoor seating area, and a separate bar area. Yalumba’s decor is tastefully done up in hues of light wood and grey with gorgeous lighting. Foot stomping music gives it a party atmosphere. It is a great place to dine with family and friends.
It is an all day dining restaurant, that offers buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They offer brunch on Friday and Saturday. Yalumba features modern eclectic cuisine with an unique blend of flavors from the East and West.
After being seated, we were offered the drinks menu. We ordered a Passion Fruit based Mocktail, it was a delicious and refreshing drink.
The Mediterranean themed buffet offered a good selection of starters, mains and desserts. Along with the Mediterranean cuisine, there was a wide range of international dishes too.
After the drinks, we hit up their buffet counter to check out the dishes.
- The Cheese selection was fantastic.
- The Bread section had a good variety of freshly baked bread.
- There were two separate Salad section, one of them had salads prepared by their chef and the other section was the do-it-yourself counter.
- The Arabic cuisine section had all the cold mezze favorites like Hummus, Mutabel etc.
- For non Muslims there was a separate Pork counter.
- Whether it is Seafood or Grilled Meat Or Barbecued Meat,Yalumba has it covered.
- Liked the Far Eastern section that offered sushi and dim sum. The chefs at live cooking station made us Noodles according to our specification.
- The Main Course section had a variety of cuisine from all over the world from British to Spain, France, Lebanon to India, China and more. Some of our favorites were baked aubergine, Thai curry, Kadai Paneer and Biryani.
Coming to my favorite part of the dinner, that is the Dessert. We were spoilt for choice. There was a good selection of cakes, pastries, puddings, ice creams as well as hot desserts and fruits. We liked most of the desserts that we tried, the cake pops, toffee pudding, Black Forest cake and pistachio cupcake were outstanding.
The food, the service and the ambience was great. I would definitely want to come back and try their other theme nights.
For reservations call: 04 702 2455
Mediterranean Theme Night-Every Monday from 7pm-11pm
AED 159 per person(soft beverages)