February the second month of the year is coming to an end and I’ve already visited a number of new restaurants and cafes in Dubai. The best restaurant that I’ve visited this year has to be the newly launched Open Flame Kitchen or OFK.
OFK, Kuwait’s popular designer restaurant concept that serves global cuisine is now open in Level 1, Fashion Avenue at The Dubai Mall. The international menu at OFK has a unique twist to all its dishes.
Apart from enjoying the beautifully crafted food from around the world, you can also take delight in watching the entertainment created by flame cooking.
The OFK outlet in Dubai is a huge and spacious venue with a beautiful view. The futuristic interiors look sleek, stylish and uber cool. Loved the groovy music that was playing in the background. The outdoor dining area offers a stunning view of the famous Dubai Fountain and Downtown Dubai.
After being seated, my family and I ordered their non alcoholic cocktails like Spicy Ponche, Hibiscus Berry Mojito, Wasabi Lemonade and freshly juiced Orange Juice. All our drinks were refreshing and perfectly mixed. Unfortunately I couldn’t take the pictures of all our drinks except Spicy Ponche.
While we were going through their menu we were served amuse bouche. Being vegetarians, we ordered most of the veg dishes in their menu. The veg dishes are limited but good.
Some of the dishes we tried were:
- Crisp and tasty Asparagus Tempura with saffron aioli, manchego cheese and wasabi peas.
- Nourishing and super fresh Grilled Corn Salad is an absolute must-try.
- Addictive Fuji Fries that had sweet chili mayo, unagi glaze, crispy tempura and furikake was a favorite with our kids.
- Next we tried the highly recommended Braised Carrots which had braised carrots served with Greek yogurt, urfa butter, pine nuts and crispy garlic. It was utterly delightful.
- As a mushroom lover, I had to order the Mushrooms On Toast. It had simple and comforting toasted sourdough bread topped with wild mushroom cream.
- We ordered Pesto Angel Hair, Truffle Rigatoni and Truffle Risotto for our main course. Each and every dish was distinctly different, flavorful and extremely delicious. If I were to recommend, I would recommend all the three dishes as they were excellent.
- Dessert was a decadent affair and we loved both Fried Cream Puffs with salted caramel and pecan and Tarte Tatin with white chocolate, caramel ice cream and toffee.
Our dining experience at OFK was fabulous. Both the delicious food and the drinks were creatively and artfully presented. The eclectic selection of their menu offering is outstanding. The beautiful atmosphere and the view enhanced our experience. The service was the only let-down as it was very slow.
Phone: 04 386 3599