Last week I visited The Dubai Mall for shopping, while I was there I decided to have breakfast in an eatery. Milas, an upmarket Emirati restaurant looked so inviting that I had to visit them.
Milas is located in The Village near the ice rink in The Dubai Mall. It is one of the hidden gems in Dubai Mall. Milas is a contemporary Emirati restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Upon asking the meaning of Milas to their staff, they had this to say:
Milas is the Emirati phonetic prononciation of the classic “majlis”, the most welcoming space of any Emirati home. The “Milas” is the room in which guests are received and treated with the generosity and caring characteristic of Arabia.
The contemporary style decor of Milas looks classy and elegant. Loved their beautiful chandelier, sublime furniture and pretty tableware.
Their breakfast menu features Emirati dishes as well as the classic Middle Eastern dishes and international breakfast favorites like omelette, scrambled eggs etc along with cold and hotbeverages.
While we were going through their menu, we were served complimentary bowl of Milas Bread. Some of the dishes we ordered were:
- Soft and delicious Khameer, a traditional Emirati bread served with honey and cheese dip.
- Balaleet, an Emirati breakfast speciality that had sweet vermicelli served with extremely well made egg omelette.
- The classic Spanish Omelette was perfectly made and tasted good. It was served with grilled mushrooms, veg crisps and bread.
- Falafel Bites was utterly delicious and packed with authentic flavor. A definite must-try if you visit Milas.
- Foul was freshly made and was served with sesame salsa on top.
- Bayd with Tamat which is actually the scrambled eggs with tomato was disappointing as it was too runny and had no flavor at all.
- Nakhi with Roub had chickpeas and yogurt topped with fried bread. It was delightful.
- We ended our breakfast with delicious saffron flavored Milas Tea and Milk Tea which was too sweet.
We enjoyed our breakfast at Milas where local Emirati food was presented with a modern touch. The service was attentive and helpful. Also liked the fact that the pricing was reasonable for high quality food.