As an Italian food lover, I was thrilled and excited to attend the grand launch of Luigia, but unfortunately I couldn’t make it to the event as I was down with fever. So last Wednesday I decided to visit them for dinner.
Located in the ground floor of the sleek and stylish Rixos Premium Dubai in JBR, Luigia is an authentic Italian restaurant. It prides itself in serving ‘The Best Pizza in Town’ and it is no exaggeration and they really serve the best pizza in town.
Here’s what team Luigia has to say about their restaurant:
Luigia’s success lies in its commitment to providing the finest quality food at affordable prices. The menu includes a wide and creative choice of signature pastas, salads, meats, fish and traditional specialities along with a variety of quintessential Italian desserts.
Welcoming to food enthusiasts and curious palates alike, the restaurant has become a reference not only for locals but also for Italian foodies who choose Luigia as their favorite place to dine.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is very friendly and not stuffy like the other restaurants in 5 star hotels. Luigia offers spacious dining space, a separate bar area, a Neapolitan wood-fired oven and an amazing kids play area.
The interiors of Luigia makes you feel like you are in Italy. On a Wednesday evening it was jam packed with families, couples, large groups and tourists. So it is advisable to reserve a table in advance.
We ordered our drinks first, they’ve an extensive wine and beverage list. Both my partner and I ordered a glass of Red Wine. While we were going through their food menu, we were served complimentary basket of Bread.
While having a conversation with their manager, she told me that Luigia only sources the freshest and best quality ingredients. And it follows the most authentic tried and tested recipes handed down from generation to generation.
As a vegetarian I was happy to note that they offer great choices. Their menu offers something for everyone. As a vegetarian, I only ordered the veg dishes. Below is the list of few dishes that we ordered:
- Melanzane alla Parmigiana was delightful, it had deep fried eggplant, grana padano cheese, tomato sauce and basil.
- Luigia Petali was our other starter and I had nothing like it before. It had pizza petals stuffed with buffalo mozzarella, mushrooms, truffle cream and seasonal fresh truffles. It was comfort Italian food at its best.
- Patate gioiose that had pan fried potatoes, chili pepper, Italian deep fried pepper-du-padron-piennolo tomatoes was our side dish. Their menu offers interesting side dishes that you’ll not find in other Italian restaurants in the city.
- The Miracolata Pizza had buffalo mozzarella, fillets of San Marzano tomatoes, basil and oregano. I can easily say it is the best pizza I ever had in Dubai. Their pizza took me back to my Italian holiday.
- Our main course was Gnocchi alla Sorrentina. It was another winning dish, it had a melt-in-your-mouth quality. We devoured it in few minutes.
- Luigia has a separate dessert menu that features classic Italian desserts. We ordered the scrumptious Brontoline, choux stuffed with pistachio ice cream from Bronte, Sicily and topped with hot chocolate.
- We ended our dinner with a cup of perfectly brewed Italian Coffee.
Our dining experience at Luigia was fabulous. The food, the drinks, the service, the music and the atmosphere was amazing. Yes, I recommend Luigia to all Italian food lovers, I can’t wait to take my family.
Phone: 04 349 6950