My culinary journey took me to the new dining destination in the city- Al Seef Dubai. The Al Seef district is a bustling new destination that blends heritage and urbanism on the shores of the Dubai Creek and brings a range of diverse restaurants and cafes.
On our third visit to Al Seef district, we visited Kona Grill for dinner. Kona Grill is an American restaurant that features a global menu of contemporary American dishes. They are popular for their sushi and handcrafted cocktails.
Kona Grill is an American restaurant chain and it has over 46 restaurants across USA and other countries. Their first outlet in UAE is situated in the Al Seef district. The restaurant is licensed.
Kona Grill is a spacious venue with two floors of dining space. The ground floor is the restaurant and on the upper floor is the lounge and bar. They also have an outdoor terrace with the stunning view of the Dubai creek.
The weather being pleasant, we decided to dine at their outdoor terrace. Dim lighting, inviting atmosphere and good music enhanced our dining experience.
We started off with their cocktails first. We tried Old Cuban, Hibiscus Daiquiri, Summer in the City and Moscow Mule. All their cocktails were handcrafted to perfection and tasted great. But only wish they were a bit stronger.
Their food menu features a selection of soups, salads, starters, sushi, sashimi, sandwiches, flatbreads, sides, entrées and desserts. Their new vegetarian menu will be launched next week.
As we are vegetarians, we only tried the veg dishes. Few of the dishes that we tried were:
- House Salad that had a medley of veggies and greens with blue cheese and was dressed in a onion-soy vinaigrette. It was light and tasty, we liked the salad.
- The Vegetarian Roll was freshly made and tasted absolutely delightful. A good option for vegetarians.
- The Vegetable Flatbread was another standout dish. It was a freshly baked thin crust flatbread topped with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese with cherry tomatoes and veggies.
- Pad Thai Noodles was disappointing as it didn’t have any flavor and tasted quite bland.
- For dessert, we ordered their signature Carrot Cake. It was a 3 layer carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, caramel sauce and toasted walnuts. Their carrot cake was utterly delicious. And the portion size is so big that easily three people can share it.
- We ended our dinner with a pot of fragrant and relaxing Green Tea.
We enjoyed our dining experience at Kona Grill and will definitely come back to try their vegetarian menu. Need to specially mention about their service as it was outstanding. If you are looking for a place to eat at Al Seef then definitely you can consider Kona Grill. They also offer valet service so you don’t have to worry about parking.
Phone: 04 379 5662