Just before I traveled in mid-December, I was invited to the preview of Ricetta, an Italian restaurant in the centre of old and historic district of Bur Dubai in Dubai. Ricetta is Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai‘s sixth dining venue and it’s first Italian restaurant.
Ricetta is fronted by Italian Chef Alex Sebastianutti. He serves up home cooked Italian fare. Ricetta’s dishes are made with bona fide Italian ingredients to enhance the flavors of home cooked Italian meals.
You can expect most of the classic Italian dishes. Their menu offers good options to both vegetarians and non vegetarians.
Ricetta features the authentic ambience of an Italian trattoria. Loved the bright colored walls, red and white checkered tablecloths, beautiful tableware and black and white posters featuring scenes from Italy.
Ricetta also features an open kitchen, bar, wood-fired oven and an outdoor terrace area. The setting of the restaurant is gorgeous.
As it was a media event, we were served a tasting portion of serval dishes. After we ordered our drinks from their impressive drinks menu, we were served dinner immediately. The dishes started arriving to our table, one by one.
We started off with salad and appetizers, then moved on to the mains and finally the desserts. As I am a vegetarian, I only tried the vegetarian dishes. Here’s a list of what I had:
- I was offered a simple vegetarian salad to start off with.
- Burrata, Menta e Basilico su Crostino-Burrata cheese garnished with mint and basil leaves with crostini bread.
- Polenta e Funghi-Soft polenta mousse with sautéed wild mushrooms.
- The classic Margherita Pizza.
- Gnocchi ai Funghi Porcini-Fresh potato dumpling with porcini mushroom.
- Penne Pasta in Arrabbiata sauce.
- We were served 4 different kinds of desserts like strawberry Tiramisu, classic Tiramisu, an Italian pie and Panna Cotta.
As it was before the opening of the restaurant, there were few dishes that needed improvement. I am sure by now they would have got it right. Ricetta offers hearty Italian food in a beautiful setting.