Fridays are for brunching. Last Friday I took the kids to Pergolas for the Friday Brunch. Pergolas is Al Murooj Rotana‘s casual all-day-dining concept that is located near the main lobby of the hotel.
Al Murooj Rotana is a beautiful property that houses some great dining options and Pergolas is one of them. Pergolas means a garden feature forming a shaded walkway or a passageway, something like a gazebo. It is derived from the Latin word Pergula. And true to it’s name, Pergolas offers a shaded terrace area overlooking the Al Murooj complex.
Pergolas offers international buffet in the morning, afternoon and night. A la carte menu option is also available throughout the day.
- We started off with the Salad station. It had a good selection of salads for both vegetarian and non vegetarian diners.
- Loved the variety of freshly baked Breads.
- The Cheese section offered many kinds of international cheese.
- The Seafood section had all the popular seafood selection, we ditched this counter as we don’t eat seafood.
- They offer a limited but good Sushi selection.
- The Indian section was one of the best section in the Friday Brunch. Our favorites were the Chaat, Dal makhani, Paneer Tikka and Biryani.
- The Arabic corner had cold and hot mezze, lamb ouzi and Arabic grills.
- The kids favorite was the Live cooking counter where they had pasta, pizza and noodles according to their specifications.
- The International section was vast with a variety of appetizers, steaks and main course dishes.
- There was also a live Barbecue counter in the terrace.
- The Dessert counter was quite impressive. It offered traditional Arabic sweets as well as international desserts. The highlight of the dessert counter was the Chocolate fountain.
- Some of the standout desserts were Rasmalai, Jalebi, Gulab Jamun, Kunafa, Umm Ali, Mango Tart, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Opera Cake and Red Velvet Cake.
Overall, we had a good experience. We liked the variety of food that was offered in the brunch. Pergolas has one of the most interactive and helpful chefs I’ve seen in Dubai. And not to forget the efficient and flawless service that made our brunch truly enjoyable.
For reservations call: 04 321 1111
Timings every Friday from 12pm-4pm
- AED 135 (for kids)
- AED 220 (inclusive of soft beverages)
- AED 250 (inclusive of unlimited selected beverages)
- AED 320 (inclusive of unlimited premium beverages)